• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hose clamp tool

440plus6

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
Can someone please direct me to where I may find the tool that is used to remove the OE radiator/heater hose clamps? I am tired of them slipping through the jaws of my channellocks. Any help/direction would be appreciated as always :lowdown:

Grind a notch in each jaw of whatever you want to use to keep the wire from slipping out.

I had a friend buy a set of SnapOn pliers for me. Around $32.00 also.
He works at a Bodyshop, so I got them in a few days. They work great!

I remember the first time I tried to remove those spring clamps, I was probably 13-14yrs old and my grandfather just stood there watching me struggle with regular pliers. After a while I was so frustrated he walks over and tells me to use the proper tool for the job and hands me an old set of Craftsman corbin clamp pliers....had the clamps off in a few seconds! I still have my grandfathers old pliers and use them regularly on the old mopars!

FY4GzuOh.jpg

d6jo2eLh.jpg

One side angles the clamp forward, the other side angles it rearward. There are also notches on the front tip. They are easy to use and won’t mar the finish on the clamps.

D4DDA5D4-0873-44D5-BE7F-2F35FE99DAD6.jpeg

KD makes 'um.Or they did. Adjustable heads front or side.

I think I got mine at Princess Auto. Kind of a Canadian Harbour Freight.

I remember the first time I tried to remove those spring clamps, I was probably 13-14yrs old and my grandfather just stood there watching me struggle with regular pliers. After a while I was so frustrated he walks over and tells me to use the proper tool for the job and hands me an old set of Craftsman corbin clamp pliers....had the clamps off in a few seconds! I still have my grandfathers old pliers and use them regularly on the old mopars!

View attachment 1456213

View attachment 1456214
I have the same pliers that my Dad gave me.

Auto Transport Service
Back