• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hose Help For Big-Block Conversions

Al K

Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
Rather than being my usual smart-*** self,I'm contributing in a constructive manner. Just this one time,I promise...

Like me,you may have had or are transplanting a B or RB mill in your 62-65 B-body. You may still have a radiator meant for a 318 in there,and can't find molded hoses that fit. Well,maybe I can help. For the upper,I'm using a Dayco #70369,meant for a '68 Charger/Coronet application,and cut about 1/2 inch off of each end to make it fit better. The lower is a Gates #20609;don't remember the exact app,but it curves around the oil filter to mate up with the radiator fitting. You're stuck with a short filter,but the hose barely contacts the filter,and you can still remove/install the filter without too much hassle. I'm also sure you can cross-reference each hose to a similar unit from the other manufacturer.

My work here is finished;time to go get(back) into trouble:headbang:

Some pics to show how they fit:

100_4597.jpg

100_4601.jpg

The coil will eventually get moved to the fenderwell;there's no room for it on the intake.

The lower unit:

100_4598.jpg

100_4599.jpg

I need to cut a piece of hose to place between the lower hose and the filter. My parts guy was VERY patient and helpful locating this piece(Thanks,Brian!),and actually let me take a couple of hoses home for test fitting. There still may be a better choice for the lower,like a modified upper hose,but I've yet to see it.

Hope this info is of help to all who need it.

This is exactly what I was looking for!!!! I bought a 64 Fury that someone started putting a 413 in it and I was having trouble finding hoses.

Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back