• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Hotckis - 30040

Status
Not open for further replies.

go-fish

Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hotchkis - 30040 - Fast Ratio Pitman and Idler Arm
Fits A/B/E and all steering boxes that are 1-1/8".

$225 + shipping
Money Order or Cashier's Check preferred. PayPal / Venmo ok.

Retails for $348.54

https://www.hotchkis.net/product/66...an-idler-steering-arm-for-a-b-or-e-body-cars/

hss-3004_ml.jpg

I have fast ratio arms on my Bee. I absolutely love them. If anyone is one the fence, I reccomend them. Only issue I had was exhaust clearance on my exhaust shop made down pipes. Easily fixed with a small dent.

Good luck on your sale Go-Fish!

I have fast ratio arms on my Bee. I absolutely love them. If anyone is one the fence, I reccomend them. Only issue I had was exhaust clearance on my exhaust shop made down pipes. Easily fixed with a small dent.

Good luck on your sale Go-Fish!

And you can't beat $75 off retail on NEW parts! Thanks, Mike.

The only reason I am not using these is because I am going with a manual fast ratio gear box and EPAS (Electronic Power Assisted Steering). I was advised that too much assist will not be a good combination. I don't want to run a p/s pump. Running the EPAS doesn't rob engine power because it's electric. The pitman/idler arm has to go.

Last edited:
I wonder how much those arms speed up 24:1 manual steering - proportionately should be around 18:1. Assuming they work with manual steering box’s, that would be a nice improvement and maybe not quite as heavy on steering effort as the 16:1 box.

I wonder how much those arms speed up 24:1 manual steering - proportionately should be around 18:1. Assuming they work with manual steering box’s, that would be a nice improvement and maybe not quite as heavy on steering effort as the 16:1 box.

Ahh, you bring up a good point. My 24:1 box that was in the car needs a rebuild, it's seal leaks and it's got a clunky feel (worn worm gear?). I have already purchased the 16:1 box using the awesome PST discount. My EPAS unit is a power assisted steering like what's on new vehicles. Not hydraulically assisted but uses a servo powered by the electrical system. I have an high amp alternator and new, heavier gauge wiring.

These parts would pair really well with either a power or manual 24:1 steering gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back