• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How I landed on 15 inch repro Road Wheels -- who knew they made them?

Here are a set of 15" X 7" 1-piece aluminum "re-creation" of the Road Wheel, with the appearance of '69 and up trim ring. The black trim on the centre of the wheel is powder coated. Then, I believe the whole aluminum wheel is clear powder coated so it will not oxidize. The centre cap, however, is just a cheapo snap-on plastic piece. They are way lighter than the steel Magnum 500's. I paid $500.00 for 4, still in boxes at a local swap meet. I am totally happy with the appearance of them. They are sold here in Canada by Golden Leaf Automotive, an extension of Dynacorn International. www.goldenleafautomotive.com

P2070040.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

Last edited:
Here are a set of 15" X 7" 1-piece aluminum "re-creation" of the Road Wheel, with the appearance of '69 and up trim ring. The black trim on the centre of the wheel is powder coated. Then, I believe the whole aluminum wheel is clear powder coated so it will not oxidize. The centre cap, however, is just a cheapo snap-on plastic piece. They are way lighter than the steel Magnum 500's. I paid $500.00 for 4, still in boxes at a local swap meet. I am totally happy with the appearance of them. They are sold here in Canada by Golden Leaf Automotive, an extension of Dynacorn International. www.goldenleafautomotive.com

View attachment 1586193

View attachment 1586194
I love that more options are showing up as a result of my thread! I would have never found these! Thanks!

heritage days parade 10-13-23.jpg
Gimme a set of 15" chrome Magnums any day - I don't give a rip about "ford" this or that, they
just look right on late 60's b-bodies.

I Really like Magnum's. They remind me of the old Keystone Classics. But, there's nothing wrong with Rally's.
1000007552.jpg

Thanks, but you know 15" chrome Magnums were not available on Mopars in '68....
Hmm. Maybe I read this article above wrong then -- 14 yes, but 15 not. Got it. So chrome magnums are correct in 14 (pre-1969), just not 15.

"Fourteen-inch Road Wheels (or Magnums, as they are commonly called) manufactured before 1969 would have come as chrome-plated wheels without trim rings."

Hmm. Maybe I read this article above wrong then -- 14 yes, but 15 not. Got it. So chrome magnums are correct in 14 (pre-1969), just not 15.

"Fourteen-inch Road Wheels (or Magnums, as they are commonly called) manufactured before 1969 would have come as chrome-plated wheels without trim rings."
Correct. In 1968, the option was for 14" chrome steel Road Wheels.

I think the chrome 15" Magnum 500's showed up on Boss 429 Mustang. But I agree, they look great on almost everything. With big 14" tires getting harder to find, they are a smart choice for better selection of 15" tires. Chrysler was never much for putting wide rims on their cars. While GM and Ford were putting 7" wide rims under a lot of their musclecars, Mopar was getting by with 5.5" and 6" wheels.

Here is a current posting from another website :

"Have just installed a DB1302P disk brake kit on my 1970 Challenger, all went well until I tried to mount the Magnum 500 wheels.
They start to go on until they hit a 1/16" ridge (see pic). I believe if I can remove it down to 2.75" the wheels will fit? Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. The wheels are aftermarket, and believe they are 15x7. Would not like to buy new wheels.
:(
"

Thanks for any help on this.
index.jpg

Does this sound familiar to some who bought 15" Magnum 500 wheels and they didn't exactly fit ?

I feel like fate jumped in on this one. I was wondering if the trim rings for 70 Road Wheels were brushed or shiny since the Classic box with the rings I purchased said 71. But I was watching a Mannix episode tonight that aired on 9/26/70 Season 4 Episode 2. We’ve got Road Wheels with trim rings that look pretty brushed to me on his cuda vert. Done! Brushed for 70 it is!

IMG_9232.jpeg

IMG_9233.jpeg

Here is a current posting from another website :

"Have just installed a DB1302P disk brake kit on my 1970 Challenger, all went well until I tried to mount the Magnum 500 wheels.
They start to go on until they hit a 1/16" ridge (see pic). I believe if I can remove it down to 2.75" the wheels will fit? Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. The wheels are aftermarket, and believe they are 15x7. Would not like to buy new wheels. View attachment 1586386"

Thanks for any help on this.
View attachment 1586387
Does this sound familiar to some who bought 15" Magnum 500 wheels and they didn't exactly fit ?
No experience with that kit, but looking at the specs for it, all it says is that 15" rims are required.
"I believe they are 15 x 7" doesn't sound very definitive. Sort of weird an owner not know the size of their rims?

I had the 15" Road Wheels on my '69 Charger R/T in the early 2000's I got them from Specialty Wheels in WA. When I got them from them, they came with Chrome trim rings. I later changed them to the brushed...

P1010534.JPG

rsz_58376431_2533729213318427_2347994681545064448_o.jpg

Specialty Wheels is long gone. Wheel Vintiques bought out their processes and molds a while ago….

Specialty Wheels is long gone. Wheel Vintiques bought out their processes and molds a while ago….
Ok. So I got wheel vintiques. Makes sense. Where did you get your brushed trim rings?

Auto Transport Service
Back