• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How long is too long?

Ordered a brake kit for a buddy’s truck from car parts com. Within a week a shipment arrived with two rotors and pads. After a few days contacted them about the other two rotors/pads. They said it was in a warehouse mid-shipping. Then got a message that shipment (Fed X) was lost; do I want a refund or re-order the parts. I want da parts. Didn’t buy them to get a refund. So week later a shipment arrives with the other rotors and pads. Then couple days later ANOTHER box arrives with the same parts. So the lost package was found. Now waiting for their reply to pick up the last shipment. At least this outfit was concerned about getting their supplies to the customer.

OK, this is funny. I just got UPS shipment info on my part 2 days after starting this thread.

Coincidence or does is the vendor a member here?
Now you know how to speed up the process for the next order…..

Update on my post #23 - informed by car parts Fed X won't come to my house to pick up the box; need to take it to their nearest center. It's a 20 mile round trip and I just had cts surgery so I'm not handling much right now and not a 70lb box. Fed X lost the package then had to reorder the parts...Fed X later found the package and now two boxes of the same parts. There's a saying that stuck in my head - if someone else creates a problem for me it's not on me to solve it.

Update on my post #23 - informed by car parts Fed X won't come to my house to pick up the box; need to take it to their nearest center. It's a 20 mile round trip and I just had cts surgery so I'm not handling much right now and not a 70lb box. Fed X lost the package then had to reorder the parts...Fed X later found the package and now two boxes of the same parts. There's a saying that stuck in my head - if someone else creates a problem for me it's not on me to solve it.

And it's not on you...they have no authority to charge you for the parts you are sitting on. Tell them your situation honestly and let them come up with a solution that works for everyone. (They can pay for a call tag, or give you the parts. They aren't married to FedEx either. )

Auto Transport Service
Back