• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How long to wait

71RRHI

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
On 7/6 I was on FEBO, contacted a member there about a part they had for sale. Sent them a PM. On 7/7 they responded with their Paypal email. Sent payment (not friends/family) on 7/7. on 7/10 they marked the for sale thread as sold and sent me a PM saying they will ship the part the next day. I sent them a PM on 7/17 asking if the part shipped, no-response. Sent another PM on 7/23 asking if part shipped. Received PM back saying they delayed due to work, but they are on the way via USPS. Sent another PM asking for the tracking number. no response. Part was supposed to ship in a USPS flat rate box.
For comparison I ordered a different part from a different FEBO Member on 7/19. Part was shipped USPS flat rate from Boston, received part on 7/22 in Hawaii. So, what is the appropriate amount of time one should wait before making a claim with Paypal. I asked the question of FBBO due to this site has a lot more activity.

No excuse for it. Get your money back from PP and out the “FEBO member”!

No tracking number, contact P/P never received part. MO
Thanks, I have bought many parts on this site, and just started buying over a FEBO. Never had any issues. This one just feels different.

I've never sold a part that isn't prepared to ship.....no excuses

I always try and buy parts from F-BO members first. 99.9% of them are great to deal with. Just didn't want to come off as a jerk for contacting paypal to early. I still would rather have the part, but what can you do

Last edited:
You are getting the run around… I feel bad when I can’t ship with in two days but sometimes life gets in the way or extra work that added time to my day or can’t get a truck and trailer near the post office… Also if anything comes up I keep in touch. Contact PayPal..

I’ve heard people badmouth PayPal. That’s the reason I use them. If I don’t know anything about them or the company, it’s the only way to go.

I agree it's too long. People are different though, this guy might just be so laid back he's horizontal. When buying parts, I have had some people who ship even before they have the money and others that fiddle fart around, don't answer your messages and then finally when you have just about given up hope, hey presto it's on its way. Some people come across like they are doing you the biggest favor to ship it. Others can't do enough for you. Personally I think this guy will ship it, but he's disorganised and is not prioritizing your package. I would wait until the end of the month and if no result, get your money back. Good luck.

I agree it's too long. People are different though, this guy might just be so laid back he's horizontal. When buying parts, I have had some people who ship even before they have the money and others that fiddle fart around, don't answer your messages and then finally when you have just about given up hope, hey presto it's on its way. Some people come across like they are doing you the biggest favor to ship it. Others can't do enough for you. Personally I think this guy will ship it, but he's disorganised and is not prioritizing your package. I would wait until the end of the month and if no result, get your money back. Good luck.
I'm going to wait until the end of the week. Before I contact Paypal. Hopefully I won't need to.

I agree with this. Only thing I would add is to message him and let him know your plan. I think open communication is important from both sides, so letting him know he has until the end of the week is appropriate. Then he has no leg to stand on later if he still does not communicate or ship the part.

By now seller should have at least sent you a tracking #. Does the febo member have some history on the site? As posted, let this person know your buy expiration date is end of this week.

Is there a time limit with pay pal that you can apply for a refund ?
Should look into that before wait too long
I believe PayPal gives you up to 180 days to dispute a case and ask for a refund. I've typically had good experience doing this in the past.

I’ve heard people badmouth PayPal. That’s the reason I use them. If I don’t know anything about them or the company, it’s the only way to go.
I'm with you here. Anytime I'm buying from a site I have no experience with or that hasn't earned my trust, I use PayPal. Done a lot of eBay in the last 20 years and PayPal has consistently done me right when needed. I hear their politics don't necessarily line up with mine (nor does most of this world these days), but I still use them.
Some folks I know have not been so fortunate with PP. That sucks IMO:BangHead:

Just wanted to update this thread. Still have not received tracking info or the part. Submitted a claim with Paypal. At this point I don't even want this guys part, just want my refund and I'll find it some where else.

Just wanted to update this thread. Still have not received tracking info or the part. Submitted a claim with Paypal. At this point I don't even want this guys part, just want my refund and I'll find it some where else.
you should also post who the member is for us. We need to protect each other. Also Leave a bad feedback so people like me can stay away.

Auto Transport Service
Back