• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many 1964 Dodge 440’s with a 426 Street Wedge & 4-speeds we’re built?

I thought that fire legend was recently debunked.

I thought it was true, too.
Could have sworn I heard it from what I'd consider 'trusted" sources.

I thought it was GM that had the fire. Perhaps the story got conflated?

In my research I have heard 7 were 4 speeds. My dad bought one new a Palmer dodge in Indianapolis Indiana. I would love to find it today, although he blew the 426 up.

I just think they didn't keep records of what size engine in each platform before 65. The records for 65 are available and would probably be the best option for comparisons. I would guess they probably made around 500 Dodge 440 with the 426 steetwedge engine. The one of 5 is what was in the Govier registry mine was one of those.

I just think they didn't keep records of what size engine in each platform before 65. The records for 65 are available and would probably be the best option for comparisons. I would guess they probably made around 500 Dodge 440 with the 426 steetwedge engine. The one of 5 is what was in the Govier registry mine was one of those.
Does Galen’s documentaction list your car as being one of the five listed in his registry?

Only one of those I knew of was a four door. I would think this guy's dad's car would be quite a gem today??, if it's still a decent vehicle.
It was totaled shortly after he traded it in on a new ‘65 satellite with a 426w but with an auto

Auto Transport Service
Back