• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many Pennie’s do you have for a rainy day ?

Those water bottles I bet hold $500 to $700.
The last one we rolled up had a little over $ 600.00 dollars in it . Good guess . They were in a glass jug, not plastic. the wife bumped it with the vacuum cleaner and that thing exploded and blew pennies everywhere. Never use glass to store them in. LOL

Not many now
used to have a several 5 gal. bottles full
it was over $3,000
I'd come home & drop all my change in them
for decades, let the lil' kids pick thru them on holidays
silver dollars, fifty-cent pieces, quarters, dimes, nickels & pennies
a few of them bastard $2 crap or Canadian funny money

I've scaled way down, since like 2007-ish
I also let kids pick thru them

saved a few silver ones

just an old chip & dip deal/plastic Raiders helmet,
1/2 full of pennies now,
select silver dollars or Kenndy 1/2 silver dollars
in the front trays

a few baggies full of quarters, dimes & nickles in my Dakota too
probably $50 to $100 worth, accumulation for 23 years now
it's only worth a 1/2 a tank of gas :poke:
or a 1/4 to a 1/3 of diesel now :lol:

Last edited:
How many pennies have you guys stashed over the years ? View attachment 1301437
Did that years ago but now I spend them. Whenever I go to the grocery store and go through the self check out, I'll use whatever I have to put in the machine. Have almost none now but none are wheat pennies. I save quarters now. Dayz wort mo :D

I have never saved pennies. One time when I was in my early 20’s the lady ate the bank gave me a 50 cent piece when i cashed my check. For some reason i carried it in my pocket till the next week. So every check I cashed after that I always asked for a 50 cent piece. I did this for 15 years or so. When I started this business I quit doing it. I never really paid much attention to the stash of coins then one day I got one in change from lunch. When I went to toss it in with all the others there were no others. The daughter of the woman I lived with was helping her self to them. There was probably $400 or so but it did piss me off.

I have never saved pennies. One time when I was in my early 20’s the lady ate the bank gave me a 50 cent piece when i cashed my check. For some reason i carried it in my pocket till the next week. So every check I cashed after that I always asked for a 50 cent piece. I did this for 15 years or so. When I started this business I quit doing it. I never really paid much attention to the stash of coins then one day I got one in change from lunch. When I went to toss it in with all the others there were no others. The daughter of the woman I lived with was helping her self to them. There was probably $400 or so but it did piss me off.
Had a room mate in the mid 70's that didn't wasn't getting along with his dad in his senior year of high school so I let him move in. He was a smoker and wasn't making much at his part time job so after awhile he was helping himself to my change box in my desk to go buy smokes. We stayed friends though a lot of BS over the years but about 10 years ago or so it got tired of his antics. Seems some people never stop being a scam dog.

I save all my change and then when I fill a coffee can I roll it up really don't know what I'm saving it for emergencies maybe or my granddaughters special day

Pennies are absolutely worthless for their metal content, they cost the taxpayer a fortune to mint and keep in circulation, and the time wasted by retail staff to had them out as change or to separate them in the till ads up to hours wasted. Over the years I've heard many Americans squawk about getting rid of pennies - I guess they just don't understand the concept of "rounding" !! But the reality is that if you were to add up the personal loss or gain from rounding, at the end of a year it would probably amount to less than a buck! We're in the 21st century America, time to get rid of pennies as well as adopt the metric system !!

but even that's only worth like $69 today :poke:
with inflation & pending recession & all

200.gif

Pennies are absolutely worthless for their metal content, they cost the taxpayer a fortune to mint and keep in circulation, and the time wasted by retail staff to had them out as change or to separate them in the till ads up to hours wasted. Over the years I've heard many Americans squawk about getting rid of pennies - I guess they just don't understand the concept of "rounding" !! But the reality is that if you were to add up the personal loss or gain from rounding, at the end of a year it would probably amount to less than a buck! We're in the 21st century America, time to get rid of pennies as well as adopt the metric system !!
Rounding won’t work for me. I was at Chipotle grill yesterday and my total was $ 9.25 I gave the cashier $ 10.00 and her reply was we don’t have any change. So I told her to round it off to $ 9.00 her reply was, I can’t do that. So I’m supposed to give you .75 cent ? She replied again this time saying you can pay with a card. I said I don’t want to use my card I want to use cash. Well I used my card anyway even though I didn’t want to. And speaking of the metric system, hell I can’t keep up with the 20 10mm wrenches and sockets that I have. Lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back