• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many people have you seen pass out in public these days?

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
Took my wife out to dinner for her Birthday last night to an upscale restaurant… There was a table behind us in the corner with 3 guys and 4 women gonna say in their mid 60’s and up. Just after we paid the bill I hear a bunch of commotion and look over to see a guy pale white and then falls into the table.. I see them trying to get him off the chair and to the floor. He was boxed into the corner by the table and two walls. So I ask if they need any help and this woman looks at me and says “Are you a doctor if not then no”… It was very snotty. She seemed more annoyed that her evening was ruined than the person who was barely breathing.. I was just offering help to move the table and chairs for them so medics had some room when they got there. They got there and the guy was breathing better with a death stare pale white propped against the wall. First thing they ask if he was vaccinated and the wife replied Yes everything is up to date. Next question any previous health concerns which she replied no he had a cold a few weeks back… We left shortly after the ambulance and police showed up. In the previous 52 years of my life I have never seen 3 people so far have the same exact issues same since April. One was a friend of mine while we went out for wings, another was a Veteran at the Mason Dixon show this spring and now this guy. Just find it really disturbing as this seems to very common these days… So out of this group here are you seeing this in person too? If it gets political feel free to move if needed.. I really just want to know if others are seeing this as much as I have the past 6 months..

Name of restaurant? I always figure that if a sick person is unable to request help physically themselves it to be taken as a yes and call 911 anyway. Even if the knuckleheads around him don’t think so.

We went to Ludwig Corner Oyster Bar. It’s a yuppy type clientele restaurant with good food.. one of the guys got up and left to call 911 in the lobby..

It's one thing to see it happen but pretty scary to actually go through it. Wife and I were at the local u pull it yard about 2 years ago and carried 2 tires on rims to have them dismounted. Felt a bit lightheaded while the guy was working on them. Carried rims away and got 30 yards before having to sit on the ground to try to get blood back to my head. All I remember was suddenly sweating, next thing I know I wake up with wife in panic mode saying I was out cold for over 4 minutes and a guy on the phone with 911. I was angry that he called them. Ambulance shows up and can't find anything wrong. Next day I go to hospital for a battery of tests including bloodwork and x-rays. Couldn't find one thing wrong. Never happened before in my life. Been fine ever since.

It's one thing to see it happen but pretty scary to actually go through it. Wife and I were at the local u pull it yard about 2 years ago and carried 2 tires on rims to have them dismounted. Felt a bit lightheaded while the guy was working on them. Carried rims away and got 30 yards before having to sit on the ground to try to get blood back to my head. All I remember was suddenly sweating, next thing I know I wake up with wife in panic mode saying I was out cold for over 4 minutes and a guy on the phone with 911. I was angry that he called them. Ambulance shows up and can't find anything wrong. Next day I go to hospital for a battery of tests including bloodwork and x-rays. Couldn't find one thing wrong. Never happened before in my life. Been fine ever since.
That had to be scary Steve. Glad to hear they found nothing… These people were in a relaxing environment not exerting themselves in any way..

That had to be scary Steve. Glad to hear they found nothing… These people were in a relaxing environment not exerting themselves in any way..
Very scary. While on the ground sweating I couldn't get any words out to tell her what's going on, and kept thinking is this a stroke? Heart attack? There was no defined moment I remember blacking out. It was that sudden. What's odd is when I came around I felt basically fine.

Very scary. While on the ground sweating I couldn't get any words out to tell her what's going on, and kept thinking is this a stroke? Heart attack? There was no defined moment I remember blacking out. It was that sudden. What's odd is when I came around I felt basically fine.
That is crazy.. My friend was the same way broke out in a sweat changed colors from white to yellow and eyes rolling back into his head… After a few minutes he came too and had no idea what just happened… He asked who needs 911 when he came to. cause he was hearing me yell that as he was unconscious..

For a short time after that happened I was very concerned about it happening again.....while driving. Did you ever find out what caused it with your friend?

For a short time after that happened I was very concerned about it happening again.....while driving. Did you ever find out what caused it with your friend?
Said he went to the doctors but a month after the incident. Told me they did bloodwork and saw nothing unusual..

“Are you a doctor if not then no”… It was very snotty.

The problem is people offering the wrong advice. If you REALLY want to help, just offer to call 911.

I'm well trained in "basic" first aid. If I come upon an injured person that I "think" I can help I first tell them "I'm trained in first aid. Do you want my help". On occasion I've been told by another individual that they have it under control. Quite often the person tending to the victim thinks they know best - and aren't interested in help. You're best not to argue, just walk away. Some times its best to do nothing than the wrong thing which then sets you up for all sorts of bullshit.

My daughter's a paramedic. She says that unless she's on duty all she would do is call 911. If she's on duty she's legally covered to handle the patient. If off duty she could personally be sued for something similar to malpractice.

Other scenario is a fall. Crowd rushes to pick them up. For crissake, give them a few seconds, talk with them and see if their head is split open or some such. Unless in the middle of a street risking getting run over, take your time.

Said he went to the doctors but a month after the incident. Told me they did bloodwork and saw nothing unusual..
1671377478099-png.png

The problem is people offering the wrong advice. If you REALLY want to help, just offer to call 911.

I'm well trained in "basic" first aid. If I come upon an injured person that I "think" I can help I first tell them "I'm trained in first aid. Do you want my help". On occasion I've been told by another individual that they have it under control. Quite often the person tending to the victim thinks they know best - and aren't interested in help. You're best not to argue, just walk away. Some times its best to do nothing than the wrong thing which then sets you up for all sorts of bullshit.

My daughter's a paramedic. She says that unless she's on duty all she would do is call 911. If she's on duty she's legally covered to handle the patient. If off duty she could personally be sued for something similar to malpractice.
911 was already called. I offered no advice. I wanted to provide easy access to him by moving the table/chairs since he was on the floor pinned in by a large table and multiple chairs. I would not have touched him just provided a better environment for the medics and in some situations seconds matter..

Have seen a few drop from getting to hot.
Another time at the state fair a lady prob 60s fell over , a young guy checked her for a pulse and started cpr, someone called 911, medics at the fair arrived fast.
Been several others over the years, different times and places.
Then back when I was young we would see guys drop off bar stools after the lights went out.

Yea, a lot more people around me seem to have health problems now vs. then. Think about the cross sectional age of the people you are mostly around now vs. when you were younger. There is your answer.

911 was already called. I offered no advice. I wanted to provide easy access to him by moving the table/chairs since he was on the floor pinned in by a large table and multiple chairs. I would not have touched him just provided a better environment for the medics and in some situations seconds matter..
You’re a good man to offer your help. A clear, safe area where the medics can work on the person in distress is huge.

You’re a good man to offer your help. A clear, safe area where the medics can work on the person in distress is huge.
Thanks I thought so since the first thing they HAD to do was make room for TWO medics and a giant black bag of equipment….

Auto Transport Service
Back