• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much less is my 1969 Coronet R/T worth complete but no longer running?

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
First, some background. 69 Dodge Coronet R/T. Everything is either new or rebuilt, including the drivetrain. All common rust areas replaced and repainted. The car started and ran great until it started making an engine noise died. I towed it home and have not investigated why it died or won't crank.

I may want to sell the car without investing any more money in it.

So, my question is, how much would a shop charge to pull the engine and rebuild it back to stock so I can price the sale accordingly?

Thanks

RELATED THREAD: Death came knocking and took my Coronet

Last edited:
First, some background. 69 Dodge Coronet R/T. Everything is either new or rebuilt, including the drivetrain. All common rust areas replaced and repainted. The car started and ran great until it started making an engine noise died. I towed it home and have not investigated why it died or won't crank.

I want to sell the car without investing any more money in it.

So, my question is, how much would a shop charge to pull the engine and rebuild it back to stock so I can price the sale accordingly?

Thanks
Username doesn't check out :lol:

Seriously, 3-600 to pull out. 3500 to full rebuild. Then whatever to put back in... so could it be done for 5000? A number to start with anyways.
And a hundred variables.

I'm sure you understand that nobody can answer this question without giving you a huge range of costs, which is of no use to you. It depends on what is wrong with the engine and how much is salvageable.

finding out why it doesn't run shouldn't really cost anything but a little time

Diagnosis should be first and foremost. Why assume that the engine needs to be pulled and rebuilt without knowing what the problem is? It could turn out to be something fairly simple. If you can't do it, then find someone reputable and pay them to diagnose the problem(s) and give you an estimate of repair cost. One way or another, you'll then be able to make an informed decision on where to take it from there.

Don't sell it,just fix it. I had two 69 Coronets,one was an R/T 440 auto car,the other was an A12 69 1/2 Superbee 440 Sixpack 4 speed car. I wish I still had them,especially the Superbee.

20180326_162153.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back