• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How rare is my Charger

almoparman

Local time
6:41 AM
Reaction score
I bought a 1968 dodge charger with Fender tag in tact. I ran the tag and found out the following and wanted to know where I could look to see if these options were rare. I know some options are common but the options I am pretty sure are rare are the power brakes, ac, cruise control.

options:

CAR: Dodge Charger 2 Door Sports Hardtop
ENGINE: 383cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: 7.75x14 White Side Wall
BUILD DATE: October 27.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: Charger Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Red Paint.
OTHER: Black Upper Door Frame Color.
MOLDINGS:
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings
ABC OPTIONS:
A1: 26in Radiator
B3: Cruise Control
H1: Power Brakes
P6: Rear Seat Speaker
R1: AM Radio
S1: Air Conditioning
T7: Tachometer
X1: Tinted Glass (all)
Y6: Black Vinyl Top
abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror

Welcome aboard. That's a nice looking charger you have there. Love the cruise control and A/C with the power brakes and bucket seats. Got any pix?

Cruise is pretty rare on a pre-73 ca...and on a 4 barrel car.

383-4 with a/c and cruise. NICE!

yea, that cruise option you dont see much. is the cruise all wired up correctly with all related components? if so, some users may need pics for reference.

I have the car completely disassembled and sand blasted but all the components are present. The only thing that is not original is the engine. Someone replaced the 383 with a 400(what a waste). I am currently looking for a 1968 date coded 383 ho. I have some pics but I need to get them off my phone first. I have been working on for about a year and about ready to start reassembly. I have an area on the rear quarter I need fixing and wanted to know if the car is extremely rare. If so, I was going to have a professional body shop repair that area. I replaced the floor pans, trunk pans, rear valance, lower quarter panels, trunk extensions, rear deck filler. These were not hard because I replace the complete panels and warping was not an issue. I tried to repair the piece but too much warping and I do not like to use a lot of body filler if I can avoid it.

I do have pix but not on my computer. I have to get off my phone. I have only one pic of the complete car but a lot of pics during restoration.

all components are there. When I bought the car it had been sitting in an old garage behind someone's house. of course the rats had made it home and it had a horrible order so I started disassembling to remove the pungent order. I found the original build(at least some of it due to rats). The build sheet was in a cabinet that was in my shop. My shop was hit by a tornado and the build sheets and new parts were taken away and I have been unable to find them. I am still hopeful but looks slim. I also have the purchase order of the vehicle from the second owner in 1971. I have replaced all the rust with new panels where appropriate. I have the original radio as well for the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back