• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to make a better home cooked hamburger ?

Kern, sorry if I missed it but I am assuming you are using grain fed beef only?

Uhhh......
watch this video a few times and use in conjunction with Costco ground beef. works every time.

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery....d-beef,-85%-lean,-4-lbs.product.11748406.html

watermelon

Son of a gun, THIS man can cook.
I tried it HIS way and holeeeeee crap, that was THE best burger that I have ever cooked.
Since I started this thread, I had two crash and burn episodes, one that was mediocre and then THIS one Friday night.
I followed Gordon's video but added onion powder. The salt and pepper, then pepper, then more pepper helped too.
I was strict about the cooking time. 2 1/2 minutes per side exactly.
The bit about adding butter, the bit about letting the cheese melt with no additional heat seemed to help.
I grilled sliced jalapenos and onions. I only had Romaine for lettuce. Moderate mayo, light mustard and since I had no tomato, just pickle slices.
I know, others here may have made similar suggestions to what Gordon said. Mario did, he sent me a message to help.
Sorry....I've been a slow learner on this issue but wow, this seemed to finally work.
Thanks!

Kern, sorry if I missed it but I am assuming you are using grain fed beef only?
Heck, I don't know. Probably not. The meat has been from the local grocery store next to the county Zoo.

(Kidding. The Zoo is 8 miles away)

Toppings and condiments mean nothing if the burger itself ain't 'right".

You can even extend this to- a burger done correctly needs nothing other than the burger, and even can reach a point where anything you add actually detracts from the burger.

Uhhh......

Son of a gun, THIS man can cook.
I tried it HIS way and holeeeeee crap, that was THE best burger that I have ever cooked.
Since I started this thread, I had two crash and burn episodes, one that was mediocre and then THIS one Friday night.
I followed Gordon's video but added onion powder. The salt and pepper, then pepper, then more pepper helped too.
I was strict about the cooking time. 2 1/2 minutes per side exactly.
The bit about adding butter, the bit about letting the cheese melt with no additional heat seemed to help.
I grilled sliced jalapenos and onions. I only had Romaine for lettuce. Moderate mayo, light mustard and since I had no tomato, just pickle slices.
I know, others here may have made similar suggestions to what Gordon said. Mario did, he sent me a message to help.
Sorry....I've been a slow learner on this issue but wow, this seemed to finally work.
Thanks!

Gordon left out the Single Malt Whiskey

Did you add that or the Añejo Tequila?

:p

Yeah … just cooked up some burgers like that after you brought it up. Had to give it a “Chef’s kiss” and enjoyed.

Very nice to hear you nailed it!

watermelon

Auto Transport Service
Back