• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to remove body/window chrome trim 70 Charger

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:50 PM
Reaction score
So I got all the trim of the charger but the quarter glass trim. It looks like screws -bad eyes-on the inside but are toast. There are 4. Also how do you get to the front ones with
20221014_165018.jpg
20221014_165003.jpg
20221014_165147.jpg
the glass in the way? Thanks Dave

Take a hammer and get that glass out of the way. Then take that same hammer and chisel and knock the head off the screws and Walla. You don’t have to thank me, glad to help out. Lol.

Your going to have to drill out the screw. The only other option would be cut a groove in it and try a flat blade but that will likely be futile.

See if you can unbolt the track for the window and lower it further.

If you are getting new glass then do what Charles says above. That trim is probably worth more than the glass. :lol:

If you want to save the glass, pull the glass totally out, then bore the screw out. **** cutting a grove in it, it's counter sunk. Just pick a drill bit size that will remove the screw but not jack up the sheet metal it ties into.

Looking at the amount of rust on there it shouldn't take much of an effort. Good luck.

Last edited:
Old trick I have used is to heat the screw with 12 volts. A battery 2 heavy jumper wires and your not so favorite screw driver. Just complete the circuit with the driver. Use caution it will get HOT real quick.

Can you roll the window up and get to the back side of the screw with vise grips and try to break the screws loose?

Ok remove 2 bolts and window comes out. Yep 4 screws but had to drill them out. These are the clips that the screws go into.

20221015_120527.jpg

20221015_120541.jpg

20221015_120551.jpg

clips sit under chrome

20221015_120559.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back