• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How To Remove Mirror Glass?

Local time
1:32 AM
Reaction score
Subject is a 71 B body chrome racing mirror, passenger side, non-remote:

I want to take the glass out of the housing to give to a pal's son for the project car they are doing together. When I flex the mirror glass I can see two philips head screws in there, but they are unreachable with a screw driver. How does this glass come out? It's something I've always wondered about, but never had to do until now.

Thanks.

If you can get to where mirror is glued on dental floss will cut between mirror and mounting surface.

If you can get to where mirror is glued on dental floss will cut between mirror and mounting surface.

That would mean that the inner assembly is screwed into the mirror, and then the mirror is glued in afterward, and there is no way to pop the mirror our without separating it from the glue? ? No wonder I could not figure this out.

Submerge the face in some lacquer thinner for a couple hours. The mirror will come off pretty easily, then you can disassemble the rest.

Submerge the face in some lacquer thinner for a couple hours. The mirror will come off pretty easily, then you can disassemble the rest.

I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Both guys above are correct... Nothing more to say...

Wouldn't do lacquer thinner on a painted mirror if you cared about the paint. The OP has a chrome mirror soak it, easier than floss.

Auto Transport Service
Back