• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How To Remove rear Bucket Seats

Seat bottoms are just hooked on a curved piece attached to the floor. Just push the seat bottom cushion back and then lift up. The seat backs are fastened with the pivot brackets on both sides, just need to remove the bolts from the pivots.

Seriously?? That's all it takes? See, THIS is why I like this forum. Knowledge is everything.

Well...there is one screw in the bottoms too. I thought the backs were a PITA, and I had a picture from the service manual.

From the shop manual.
1. remove the rear seat cushion
2. remove the bolt and washers attaching locking link to center floor pan cover extension panel
3. remove nuts attaching body half of hinge to the rear floor pan bracket
4. remove the seat back assembly

The pivot that goes into the center console is screwed into the console. But the pivot in the seat isn't bolted to the seat. So you can either unscrew the pivot bolt from the console. Which the shop manual doesnt say to do. Or you can move the hinge out of the body bracket in step 3. Once out of the bracket you can slip the seat back out of the pivot bolt and leave the pivot bolt in the console. You'll need to do a little prying and angle the seat back down on the hinge/floor pan bracket side. I did one seat back by removing the pivot bolt. Then I read shop manual as the pivot bolt is a bit of a pain to unbolt. That's when I gently pried the seat out of the hinge in step 3.

The Charger supplement to the 66 Shop Manual is worth it's weight in gold.

Auto Transport Service
Back