• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Unusual? Buckets/ Buddy Seat In A 4-Door

haywire 440

Full Speed Ahead
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
This ‘68 Coronet came with the, I guess, special order front seat combination from the factory. Never say never.

791833FD-A7E7-41EE-BD43-21AA620DA1B6.png

5E6485D2-8AB8-457F-8239-5D93420B8A43.png

8D1A5431-82F6-4E12-902C-C63358F86B88.png

7B85BF6D-7B1D-4158-967C-F82B1561350C.png

Coronet 500 and sport satellites had that available 1968-70. Not special order. Just that most have been parted and crunched now.

The 69 didn‘t have seat back latches, they had a steel plate over both studs to hold the seat backs in place.

The 70 seats were the same as a 2 door with the latches.

Not available on any other b-body models.

Hard to tell if the captain was the drinker or if the drinker was the captain from the looks of those pics lol.

The seats are cool... but did any notice the boot cover??

Coronet 500 4-door sedan. Pretty rare car and worth saving if not too far gone. I know of a 1970 4-door sedan Sport Satellite up here in Ontario with 383, 2-barrel, bucket seats and console with shifter. Bucket seats are high back like a RoadRunner. My own 1964 Polara 4-door hardtop is a factory bucket seat and console car. The buckets do not fold ahead as in 2-door cars. Canadian-only option.

1964 Dodge.jpg

1964 red Dodge interior.jpg

scan0002%20(2)[1].jpg

P7290114.JPG

Coronet 500 4-door sedan. Pretty rare car and worth saving if not too far gone. I know of a 1970 4-door sedan Sport Satellite up here in Ontario with 383, 2-barrel, bucket seats and console with shifter. Bucket seats are high back like a RoadRunner. My own 1964 Polara 4-door hardtop is a factory bucket seat and console car. The buckets do not fold ahead as in 2-door cars. Canadian-only option.
Exactly. Try getting into the back of my 2dr hdtp with those seats.. :BangHead::mad:

One day I'll get around to fixing that..

Id like to see pics of that !

Had a 74 Valiant Brougham 4dr with that option & had seen another last year that I should have bought, with the same seats.

Coronet 500 4-door sedan. Pretty rare car and worth saving if not too far gone.
68 coronet 500 quad cab production figures:
4 door 6445
6 pass wagon 4851
9 pass wagon 5137
is that a rare car? They were around plenty back in the day, but 99% gone now.

Coronet 500 and sport satellites had that available 1968-70. Not special order. Just that most have been parted and crunched now.

The 69 didn‘t have seat back latches, they had a steel plate over both studs to hold the seat backs in place.

The 70 seats were the same as a 2 door with the latches.

Not available on any other b-body models.

The steel plate makes sense but I’m surprised that the ‘70 models had bucket seats that would fold. It seems awkward.

Hard to tell if the captain was the drinker or if the drinker was the captain from the looks of those pics lol.

Maybe it was the party cruiser back in its day. Air conditioning was also on this vehicle.

I’m of the understanding that this 4-door 500 is pretty rough but I haven’t seen it in person yet but I’m expecting to in the near future.

Now you have me wondering…where is the boot cover. I’m aware of the convertible “boot cover”. Is that a Canadian slang term?
Lol I was referring to the trunk lid.
Is this not the highly coveted piece we read about thread after thread?

68 coronet 500 quad cab production figures:
4 door 6445
6 pass wagon 4851
9 pass wagon 5137
is that a rare car? They were around plenty back in the day, but 99% gone now.
Based on those numbers it is more "rare" than an R/T. Not really sure if that means much.

Lol I was referring to the trunk lid.
Is this not the highly coveted piece we read about thread after thread?

Ohhh, yeah I’ve heard that before but not common in my circle.

If you wanted to impress your close friends about the size of the trunk on your new car you’d say “Ahh Fellows check this out….could easily hold tree maybe four bodies!”

Yes the boot cover is there and didn’t look to bad in the picture but he said it is. I can hardly wait to check it out myself.

68 Plymouth Valiant 4 door factory bucket set car. It was the reason I bought it because I never saw one before.
Tho I have no photo, the fender tag had the code.You can see the bucket reinforcements in the floor in this photo.
Still had the old dealer installed seat covers when I got it.

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

In 1969 I remember seeing a full size ford wagon Philadelphia Police car with buckets. No they did not have me in the back!

Auto Transport Service
Back