• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Unusual? Buckets/ Buddy Seat In A 4-Door

Coronet 500 and sport satellites had that available 1968-70. Not special order. Just that most have been parted and crunched now.

The 69 didn‘t have seat back latches, they had a steel plate over both studs to hold the seat backs in place.

The 70 seats were the same as a 2 door with the latches.

Not available on any other b-body models.
I’m pretty sure all ‘68 Sport Satellites were RP23. No 4 door version until ‘69. There was a Sport Wagon in ‘68 that came with the “GTX” grill. And RP27 ragtops.

I’m pretty sure all ‘68 Sport Satellites were RP23. No 4 door version until ‘69. There was a Sport Wagon in ‘68 that came with the “GTX” grill. And RP27 ragtops.
How sure? Pretty sure? Not

A4B212DD-6B44-4D29-A7FB-543D25D6B9CF.jpeg

How sure? Pretty sure? Not

View attachment 1396980
I’m seeing wagons. I had a Sport Wagon. I grabbed the grill off it. What I meant is RP41 was available in ‘69-‘70. I’ve never seen a ‘68 RP41. If you have, I’d like to see it. Like I said, I think it became available in ‘69. We are talking 4 doors here?

I’m seeing wagons. I had a Sport Wagon. I grabbed the grill off it. What I meant is RP41 was available in ‘69-‘70. I’ve never seen a ‘68 RP41. If you have, I’d like to see it. Like I said, I think it became available in ‘69. We are talking 4 doors here?

you typed “all were RP23“, so I showed you RP45 and RP46

Yes all Sport Satellites and GTX used the same grille In the same model year.

I’m sorry. I should have just said RP41. I understand the wagons. I’ve owned 7 ‘68
Plymouth B bodies including a Sport Wagon, RP46H, and still have 3 of them. But apparently Dodge did in fact have a WP41 in 1968. Again, I mentioned the wagon and the ‘vert. I thought this thread was about the 4 door sedans.
you typed “all were RP23“, so I showed you RP45 and RP46

Yes all Sport Satellites and GTX used the same grille In the same model year.

Now I'm thinking, maybe fix this car up if worth the effort. Is there a lot of hard to find parts missing? Is the interior complete? Floors decent etc.? It would make a very different & cool ride. You could kind of make a 4dr Super Bee out of it.

Now you have me wondering…where is the boot cover. I’m aware of the convertible “boot cover”. Is that a Canadian slang term?
I think it was supposed to be " book " cover before Autocorrect helped out!

In 1969 I remember seeing a full size ford wagon Philadelphia Police car with buckets. No they did not have me in the back!
Not uncommon for Police cars to have front bucket seats. I also noticed they do not come with rear interior door handles! LOL

68 Plymouth Valiant 4 door factory bucket set car. It was the reason I bought it because I never saw one before.
Tho I have no photo, the fender tag had the code.You can see the bucket reinforcements in the floor in this photo.
Still had the old dealer installed seat covers when I got it.

View attachment 1396958

View attachment 1396959

View attachment 1396960
My '64 Polara 4-door also came with those inner seat track bolt reinforcement plates. I took pictures of them for doubters who may think the bucket seats were not factory, but added later. In the early '70's, I had a 1963 Dodge 440 4-door hardtop that was similarly equipped with non-folding front bucket seats and the short glove box between the seats like a U.S. Polara 500. In Canada, the 440 was our top trim series, as we did not have a Polara. However these cars had the bigger tail light/reverse light like U.S. Polara. Also, our 1963 Dodge series started with a 220 model.The only chrome trim on it was the exterior door handles!

Now I'm thinking, maybe fix this car up if worth the effort. Is there a lot of hard to find parts missing? Is the interior complete? Floors decent etc.? It would make a very different & cool ride. You could kind of make a 4dr Super Bee out of it.

I’m hoping to see it soon. So the floors and underside, frame rails, are unknown to me yet. The 500 was recently pulled several hundred feet from a field. It stayed together so that’s a good sign. The owner is removing some parts he is keeping. The 318 and transmission specifically.

I LOVE these kind of unusual optioned cars.

You just spent lots of money that will never be recovered. This car has been a donor, will nedd lots of money in parts to make it complete, and lots of labor to correctly remove that surface rust on the body and make a car out of it.

And when your done it’s a 318 4 door.

the super bee 4 door (GTX, road runner, etc) has been done and not too popular money wise when selling.

Last edited:
I’m hoping to see it soon. So the floors and underside, frame rails, are unknown to me yet. The 500 was recently pulled several hundred feet from a field. It stayed together so that’s a good sign. The owner is removing some parts he is keeping. The 318 and transmission specifically.
I think it would be a kool build. You could really use any small block or big block as the K member is the same for both.

I had this 64 ford police car that
had the factory lightweightl econoline
bucketsl

089544AD-27D5-4CAB-A2D1-AC7AD5C1A7AD.jpeg

13304535-AC83-4696-B29F-B61DB10D6F45.jpeg

68 coronet 500 quad cab production figures:
4 door 6445
6 pass wagon 4851
9 pass wagon 5137
is that a rare car? They were around plenty back in the day, but 99% gone now.
My '67 Coronet 440 4dr is rarer than many Chargers etc.. due to all the 4drs being crushed n Chargers saved. But still no value as not many people like the more-doors.

My '67 Coronet 440 4dr is rarer than many Chargers etc.. due to all the 4drs being crushed n Chargers saved. But still no value as not many people like the more-doors.
In all my junkyard excursions in the late 70’s to about the end of the 80’s when these things stopped showing up. I only saw one big block. A ‘68 Coronet 500 convertible. It was a G code 383, so could have been a 2 or 4bbl. The engine was gone. I did grab the steering column pieces without the stalk. It was missing the console by then as well. So my daily right here, a 383 2bbl. Is probably rare. But I agree… too many doors! And the roof and rear window look stodgy. :D
93C2E4F3-0C4E-49E9-8D48-AA19057C6717.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back