• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Unusual? Buckets/ Buddy Seat In A 4-Door

68 G is a 2 barrel.

Careful, it might look like bourbon, but actually be urine. :lol:
:rofl: :rofl: I was hoping for something like this.

272386511_503691221375084_8505464272611181545_n.jpg

Now if someone could only find me another "unusual but not necessarily valuable" 66 Coronet 440 318 with PW and AC.....

I've been looking since 1985.

68 Plymouth Valiant 4 door factory bucket set car. It was the reason I bought it because I never saw one before.
Tho I have no photo, the fender tag had the code.You can see the bucket reinforcements in the floor in this photo.
Still had the old dealer installed seat covers when I got it.

View attachment 1396958

View attachment 1396959

View attachment 1396960
Family of a kid I knew in high school had one as well. Also had D70-14 redline tires. Father was a nerd professor. Another one of many freakish Plymouths the local dealer sold back in the day.

A little off the topic, but still unusually assembled Mopars. A guy up here in London, Ontario has a 1966 Charger, 318 with 3-speed column shift. The car had full length console with no shifter in it; just a blank top trim plate. When I used to frequent local junk yards in the '80's looking for good parts for cars I was working on. I discovered a 1966 Coronet 500 equipped the same way; 318 3-speed stick with console with no shifter. In 1966 a console was standard equipment in a Charger or a Coronet 500. I do not think you could get column shifted automatic in these 1966 cars either. In 1967, the console became an option, and buddy seats became more common with column shifted automatics and 4-speeds. I sure wish I had bought up some of this unusual stuff I saw in the yards back then. Hind sight is 20/20.

A little off the topic, but still unusually assembled Mopars. A guy up here in London, Ontario has a 1966 Charger, 318 with 3-speed column shift. The car had full length console with no shifter in it; just a blank top trim plate. When I used to frequent local junk yards in the '80's looking for good parts for cars I was working on. I discovered a 1966 Coronet 500 equipped the same way; 318 3-speed stick with console with no shifter. In 1966 a console was standard equipment in a Charger or a Coronet 500. I do not think you could get column shifted automatic in these 1966 cars either. In 1967, the console became an option, and buddy seats became more common with column shifted automatics and 4-speeds. I sure wish I had bought up some of this unusual stuff I saw in the yards back then. Hind sight is 20/20.
No bucket seats but my first car was a 65 270 Dart 2 door post with a HP 273 and a 3 on the tree. Today I know it was just one of a few with that combo. Back then who cared! :BangHead: :BangHead: :lol:

If it was mine it would have had a Hurst Mystery shifter pokin'out the floor !
I had thoughts on having that one. Some *** wipe blew a yield sign and totaled it out. But I got paid and bought a 69 Road Runner.

The real issue is-

Why would the factory NOT build a floor shift manual trans B body with a small block?

At least not until 1971.

To me that's just crazy.

I ran Thrush on my RoadRunner back in the day. Sure sounded better than those CherryBombs that everyone else had. Wayne

Auto Transport Service
Back