• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How / where did you find your car.

all three of mine came off eBay , of course after a detailed inspection from one of those professional inspection company's :thumbsup:

I bought my 70 Charger in March 2000. I have always liked the 68-70 Chargers but went "the way of the Chevy" for many years. The cars were cheap, parts were cheap. I'd owned a few Darts and Dusters but the Chargers in good shape seemed to be out of my reach. I read an ad in the local classified newspaper. 1970 Dodge Charger 318, A/T, P/S, A/C, new tires. $2100. I called and left a message. A few days go by and the owner responded. He was out of town and would be back by the weekend. He described the car accurately and we agreed to meet. The morning we met, he was hung over from drinking. I drove the car and was amazed at how tight the car felt. Sure, there was some rust around the rear window and the trunk floor but everything else was great. I offered $1700 and he agreed.
I drove the car to work for a month while I was rebuilding the engine in my work truck. (130 miles daily) The huge trunk carried power cords, skilsaw, sawzall and my tool belt easily.
When I see similar Chargers listed for $10,000 I am floored. I can't believe the rise in prices since I bought mine!

00000002.JPG 00000003.JPG

Bought my GTX back in April 1997 after returning from the UK. I had previously sold my '70 Road Runner 7 years earlier to finance my worldly adventures, and a couple of small outstanding bills. When I approached the owner and asked if the car was for sale, he said it was, and when did I want it. A mere $10K USD changed hands, and a trailer was hired. Since then I have spent north of $100K USD, and most of that was due to a very poor exchange rate....that and the fact that MoPars are generally 3 times the price of Brands X & Y to restore nicely.
There's even a song that I can relate to my car and where it was purchased...in the video clip you can see the street where my GTX sat on blocks for nearly 12 years awaiting my arrival.
upload_2016-9-15_19-27-30.png

A very cool thing...my car literally came from half way down Dominion Road. :steering:
True story here - when we collected the GTX and handed over the wad of cash, the boys and I were busy loading the trailer. A really nice looking Holden Monaro (HR I think) was cruising past - the driver was so busy watching the GTX that he veered into one of the biggest concrete power poles in the street. The power of Mother MoPar. :D And on the way home the tyres looked a little soft on the hired tandem trailer, so I pulled into a Gas Station to top up the air. After a minute or so, the first tyre got to about 35 psi, and then just exploded on the forecourt. It made one hell of an explosion....people scattered. Luckily we were towing with a Falcon, and used the spare to limp home. :steering: I only wish I had a few more pics of the garage and the original resting place of when we rescued the GTX. This pic below shows how it looked when I first saw it in around 1984
June 1985 25pc.jpg

Last edited:
Found mine using Google map. Can you spot the Charger? Hint, it's green! :D
69 Charger 7.jpg

You give up!

69 Charger 10.jpg

Bought my gtx in 1979 from my best friend, he owned the car for about a year. Had some good times in the passenger seat before I owned it that's for sure.

I had been half seriously looking for a car for about two years. I saw this one in an Ebay listing and it turned out to be at Streetside Classics, a consignment dealer in the DFW area. Good place to deal with, low pressure. They put it up on a lift, once I checked it out and drove it I was hooked.

Originally found my 74 Charger on Ebay. Checked Craigslist and it was on there too. Only interest was it was 20 minutes from me. Car was sold off EBay for what I thought was fair price around 10K, but more than I was willing to pay. About 2 weeks later it showed up on Craigslist for $7500. Over next 2 weeks, seller dropped price to $7K and then $6500. Had to go look at it. Called him and he said he just dropped price to $6K and non-paying buyer on Ebay was reason for re-listing on Craigslist. Looked at car and didn't like it. Interior needed work and no mufflers, since he liked it loud. Also, parts on car were mismatched and he didn't know much about them, like he was pretending to. Said no thanks and walked away. Two or three days later, he called and said $5K will take it. Picked it up the next day. As with all of us probably, spent more time and money than I wanted to getting it "streetable", but loving it now.

Ouch reviving an old thread here, but looks like fun.......First time I saw my '68 for sale, it was on a corner with the for sale sign and red/white/blue ribbon tied to the (insanely tall!) antenna...I checked it out, knew I didn't have the $3500 asking but called the guy and asked him about it. I was working for the cable company at the time and my co-worker car buddies were always calling me saying, "hey have you seen this charger or whatever it is for sale!" (chevy guys lol) this went on for about a month...then another friend called me and said there was some kind of plymouth for sale at a storage yard across town, I checked it out and yep same car. Oh well. About another week goes by and out of the blue another co-worker asked if I wanted to sell my toyota t-100 pickup, for 5 large I said 'heeell yeeah!' so I called the plymouth guy, set up a meeting and sure enough there was another interested party there, a guy and his teenage son...we drove it, we dickered back and forth, but the owner was becoming upset (as in tears and stomach aches) because he said he wasn't trying to get into a bidding war, he didn't want more than the asking price, how can we solve this...my buddy that gave me a ride there blurts out, "how's 'bout a coin toss?" we looked at each other and said, OK perfect! And I never win anything, but dang it I won that toss and got me a B-body!

Back in 1994 after a lengthy search and passing up scores of phord mustclangs and shivvy slomarrorws I finally found my 69 roadrunner, one that I could afford that is, in a small trader paper out of Nashville. It was basically a running shell and a lot of time and money has went in to it but I have it the way I want and will never sell it.

Got mine in 1981. Saw a ad in the local paper. 1967 Dodge convertible $3500. My buddy and I went to see it. I didn't have even close to that kind of cash. I begged the old man to co-sign a loan for the car. He finally, reluctantly did and I had my 1967 Coronet R/T convertible.

Around here we used to have the "Recycler classifieds". Free ad's, no pictures. I have bought and sold countless cars with it.

Current cars....

71 Gremlin. About 2002, from Phoenix Az. and ebay.
67 Coronet/WO23J. 1999, from Pa. and Hemmings ad.
70 `cuda ragtop. 1993, when mom passed. In family since Jan-1972.
68 hemi roadrunner. 2015, and from N.C. internet ad.
66 hemi Belvedere-I. 2016, and from Ohio. Racingjunk ad.

Last edited:
Found mine on the Central Florida Craigslist. Started at $5k, then went to $4k, then $3k, and bought it when it hit $2k. Found out the price drops were a result of a bad storm dropping a tree on the roof, fenders, and quarter.

I bought my 62 Belvedere sight unseen except for a picture my Dad had. It was my Mom's second cousins car and she was unable to drive it anymore. She wanted $1000 and I said no problem so my Mom and I flew out to Albuquerque and bought it, checked the fluids and drove it 1500 miles back to Northern Kentucky in January 03. Only issue we had was a dust storm of leaves out of the floor vents, a loose wiper atrm and a loose starter wire that puckered my *** in Arkansas.

I found my GTX on FABO last year, the only B body Crackedback had in his inventory of A bodies. The pictures he posted were when he bought it originally and were several years old. Reason being?...the car was packed in tight in a storage shed. I really wish i had pictures as there were car parts to the ceiling. It looked rough and I left disappointed. A week later, I talked myself into buying it for $5000. This included a 69 440, 727 transmission and donor car parts for the rusted frame rails and roof. I am right at a year working on it and hope to fire it up in a few weeks.

I wasn't going to respond to this thread because I didn't "find" my car, it more or less "found" me . . .

I had just moved into my current house, and the next door neighbor has a really nice shop out back, so I wandered over to visit with him, after work, to find out what was going on in his shop. Great way to become acquainted with the new neighbors - especially when you're both car people.

So after a couple months of stopping by, my neighbor Tommy says to me, would you be interested in a 1967 Belvedere Convertible ? ? He had an acquaintance that had it, but decided he was not going to continue to work on it - and wanted t sell it . . . so the next day the car was sitting in his shop, and that evening, it was sitting in my shop . . .

That's my story and I'm sticking to it . . . madness and all . . .

After watching DMCL (I want one of those cars) at the local theater in 1974 at the age of 16, and that locomotive was a nut kicker, I had waited till Thursday April 21,1977 to buy this dark beauty sitting on a Laundry mat/carwash parking lot for the sum of $1,750.00. Tax, tags and transfer brought it up to $1,855.00 with 39,178 miles on the clock.

Found my '69 Charger literally in my back yard on a trailer covered up for 8-10 years. It belonged to my wife's Godchild. Many people have offered him money for it but he never wanted to sell. He was a Dukes of Hazard fan so the '69 Charger was his Dream Car. At the time I was storing a '66 Barracuda for a friend when a co worker came by the house to look at my friends car. He spotted the Charger in my back yard and wanted to go look at it. When I took him over he said, "now this is the car y'all should be restoring!" We opened the hood and saw a 440 and the RT badging. I never really paid attention to what this car was. I knew real RT's were worth a nice chunk of money so I pulled the VIN. Some of the wind was let out of my sail when the VIN coded the car as a 318 car which meant it was only an RT replica. So I had my wife tug on his heart strings a little and offered him $2000 for it. We settle for $2200 and my restoration project began!!

cahrager10.jpg charger2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back