• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Human Metapneumovirus PSA

Man, after all my recent travels, I certainly hope to avoid it. Plenty of sniffly, snotty, sneezing, and coughing people in the airborne Petri dishes.

Thanks for the “heads up”.

Hope you and your wife get beater quickly!

Thanks for circling back and letting us know where you've been man. Glad to hear you're back with us and on the mend. And the wifey too :thumbsup:

Hope you kick it soon.

Due to all various environmental and sociological factors, it's only gong to get worse as time goes on. There is really only one defense, and that is to minimize close contact with other people as much as practical.
Wife and I managed to avoid Covid until a few months ago, after getting all six shots. Then she attended a holiday show in an old theater downtown, with the grand kids. Came home with Covid, really sick for a month, turned into an ongoing bronchial infection, finally cleared after same treatment Mark went through. I stayed home, figuring that show was going to be the equivalent of jumping into a virus incubator, still caught it from her. My immune system typically works better than my wife's, and I was only sick for a week, with symptoms of a fairly bad cold.

I'm a survivor of the last polio epidemic in this country, came through it with extremely minor damage, as did many others of the era. Then as now, viral infections can really do a number on you, or not. This current crop seems to have the same potential to mess people up, but the preventive stuff at this stage hasn't had the effectiveness the Salk vaccine did back in the day. Avoiding unnecessary exposure is as valid now as 70 years ago.

Too many people. If humans were a pest we would be a infestation.
Glad you and your wife are doing better. Get well soon.
Virus needs a host with the right protein structure. There is a huge pool of hosts. People who have the best match suffer the worst consequences. When polio was running full steam, 90% of those infected had no symptoms, but the unfortunate 1% with the right protein died. Current virus crop has been vicious in its ability to mutate rapidly, making prevention far more difficult.

Hope you and your wife get well quickly sounds like it’s been long enough already… crazy times we live in and that’s about all I can say so it doesn’t get moved to the political forum… Get better!

I wonder....not that I want this to go political, but could the damn COVID vaccine have made people more vulnerable ? I mean it is a MRNA vaccine (except for J&J), that was tested only enough to ensure it didn't kill immediately. The long term repercussions could be massive.
It just seems to me that since the pandemic, folks are more susceptible to just about everything coming down the pike.

I wonder....not that I want this to go political, but could the damn COVID vaccine have made people more vulnerable ? I mean it is a MRNA vaccine (except for J&J), that was tested only enough to ensure it didn't kill immediately. The long term repercussions could be massive.
It just seems to me that since the pandemic, folks are more susceptible to just about everything coming down the pike.

doesn't apply to me, I'm one of the unvaxxed demons

I'm also a pureblood. However, I have heard the jab does contribute to immune deficiency - of course, if you "fact check" it, it all comes back FALSE, but there is, IMO, enough evidence showing the jab does compromise the effectiveness of your immune system against certain illnesses.

It alters your genetics. But I suppose that can't possibly affect your immune system....

this may or may not go political....... because I think we all know where this crap is coming from; think open border disaster........

anyway, day 11 for me.....

if it doesn't kill you on day 3, it tries again on day 5, 7, and 9....... nasty ****

wife wound up in the ER this morning, no cure....... treat the symptoms...... you need a prescription steroid

I'm improving and will survive it, the wife wasn't as tough........ she is home and will be ok

lesson learned, the world has changed...... I have never been so sick, and had this same type of thing 11 months ago; we didn't have this **** when we were kids, not in this country anyway.......... at 59 years old, I will see a doctor every time at the earliest symptoms of cold and flu; and I am NOT that guy (guess I am now)..........

please take this crap serious, it's no joke.......... I am so beat up, it physically hurts....... be safe

Human Metapneumovirus​

Human Metapneumovirus | CDC
I hope you get better soon, the wife too...

Good luck
Of pure blood here too :thumbsup:

US Tuberculosis Cases Were at the Highest Level in a Decade in 2023​

The U.S. saw the most tuberculosis illnesses in a decade in 2023

NEW YORK (AP) — The number of U.S. tuberculosis cases in 2023 were the highest in a decade, according to a new government report.
Forty states reported an increase in TB, and rates were up among all age groups, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday. More than 9,600 cases were reported, a 16% increase from 2022 and the highest since 2013.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...t-their-the-highest-level-in-a-decade-in-2023

US Tuberculosis Cases Were at the Highest Level in a Decade in 2023​

The U.S. saw the most tuberculosis illnesses in a decade in 2023

NEW YORK (AP) — The number of U.S. tuberculosis cases in 2023 were the highest in a decade, according to a new government report.
Forty states reported an increase in TB, and rates were up among all age groups, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday. More than 9,600 cases were reported, a 16% increase from 2022 and the highest since 2013.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...t-their-the-highest-level-in-a-decade-in-2023
1711666053124.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back