• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Humorous perspective on Feminism

Who here has heard of Dr Jordan Peterson?
He is a Canadian, a very smart and logical speaker too. He speaks out against far left idiots, hypocrites, ANTIFA, BLM, Feminists....
He explained in a YouTube video his opinion on why it takes a dual income in married couples to have a decent life. I am not able to recall exactly how he said it but it goes sort of like this:
Before Women felt compelled to assert themselves and pursue careers formerly dominated by Men, most families had a Father that worked and earned the money, The Mother worked at home keeping order of the children and the household. It was a symbiotic relationship. As Women started joining the workforce, suddenly there were MORE people looking for work since most all men worked and now some women were joining in. Businesses, corporations saw a flooded market of people to choose from and like any economic situation, when the supply is greater than the demand, the value goes down. MORE people looking for work, each person working gets less money.
So....Is feminism responsible for stagnant wages all these years ?

If women were still in the kitchen with stagnant wages today, what would Dr. Peterson use for an excuse.
That's like trying to speculate on a future that never happened.

It is what it is and we all try to do our best, pointing fingers helps no one.

Who here has heard of Dr Jordan Peterson?
He is a Canadian, a very smart and logical speaker too. He speaks out against far left idiots, hypocrites, ANTIFA, BLM, Feminists....
He explained in a YouTube video his opinion on why it takes a dual income in married couples to have a decent life. I am not able to recall exactly how he said it but it goes sort of like this:
Before Women felt compelled to assert themselves and pursue careers formerly dominated by Men, most families had a Father that worked and earned the money, The Mother worked at home keeping order of the children and the household. It was a symbiotic relationship. As Women started joining the workforce, suddenly there were MORE people looking for work since most all men worked and now some women were joining in. Businesses, corporations saw a flooded market of people to choose from and like any economic situation, when the supply is greater than the demand, the value goes down. MORE people looking for work, each person working gets less money.
So....Is feminism responsible for stagnant wages all these years ?
Thank you very much, that's exactly what happened! You can research graphs on the average cost of homes and see the trend, now you either have to make a killing or your both working. It's an unfortunate side effect, do I wish women would stay at home.... yeah I do but only because I believe it's the man's job to take care of his family.

If women were still in the kitchen with stagnant wages today, what would Dr. Peterson use for an excuse.
That's like trying to speculate on a future that never happened.

It is what it is and we all try to do our best, pointing fingers helps no one.

Its not pointing fingers, it's stating facts. Then you hear chivalry is dead... ummm pretty sure they took it away themselves? Do you ever wonder why civilization in this nation has decayed in the same time frame that parents are absent for their kids.. focused on work? Obviously this is only directed towards the FEMINIST types, still plenty of good mothers out there but this mindset has cost us dearly.

My Wife and I both work, no kids...we do okay. My Dad worked, Mom took care of the house and 4 kids.
Dr Peterson makes sense.
"If women were still in the kitchen with stagnant wages..."
You are not getting the point. The point is that wages are stagnant BECAUSE there are more people fighting to get the jobs where before, there were LESS people looking to fill the jobs.

My Wife and I both work, no kids...we do okay. My Dad worked, Mom took care of the house and 4 kids.
Dr Peterson makes sense.
"If women were still in the kitchen with stagnant wages..."
You are not getting the point. The point is that wages are stagnant BECAUSE there are more people fighting to get the jobs where before, there were LESS people looking to fill the jobs.

I worked two jobs,my wife worked two jobs, for most of our married lives. We did so for our family. You do what's good for you, I do what's good for me, everything else is bullshit.

Should of got your house first, then got married. Neither one of you would of had to have two jobs, unless you just wanted to.

Should of got your house first, then got married. Neither one of you would of had to have two jobs, unless you just wanted to.
If your referring to me buying a house first wasn't a option as we just both turned 24 when we bought our first and only house. We worked for our children education and to provide better lives and we fixed up our home over the last 40 years. Like i said in my post#26.... I dont understand why some cant accept others choices.

My post was meant to just point out what you could of done different. Instead of getting married and starting a family, then both of you working to take care of it all, you could of worked to get a house first, then start a family.

And yes, I can accept your life decisions just fine.

If women want to start being feminists...that's OK with me.

But if they expect to get help opening a jar of pickles , or to change a flat tire....then they can go f*ck themselves...if they weren't doing that already.
oi_no.jpg

My post was meant to just point out what you could of done different. Instead of getting married and starting a family, then both of you working to take care of it all, you could of worked to get a house first, then start a family.

And yes, I can accept your life decisions just fine.
Couldn't everyone have done things differently in retrospect? The marriage has nothing to do with it, having children is a different matter. I should have pointed out we were parents by 24 and she did not work F/T until they were in HS. She did work some P/T hours though. It worked out fine for us as our kids were adults while we were still relatively young. We had a house and a 3 month old so we weren't doing all that bad either way.

Auto Transport Service
Back