• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Hurst Shifter - 1970 B Body with Bench Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

petieg383

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a used/needs to be rebuilt Hurst Shifter for sale. I took it off my 70 RR with a bench seat. Here's what I have:

Brand new Hurst Chrome Handle and White Knob
Brand New Mounting Plate - I'm trying to find the mounting screws for this. Will include if I find them.
Shifter body that needs to be rebuilt
Shift rods - they appear to be in decent shape, not warped or bent.

I know just for the chrome handle alone, Hurst is asking $150. The ball is probably $25.

I think asking $150 for all of it is fair. Here's a few pics:

2014-03-04 10.25.25.jpg2014-03-04 10.25.56.jpg

Are those the right shift rods for a 70 RR? Just a little curious, because I have mine out right now and they do not look like that. Also, I am sure someone will ask, what is the number stamped on the reverse lever? Thanks.

Thanks for the help. Here's the info:

Reverse Lever # on shifter head: 6370
Rod #'s: 1/2 - 4164, 3/4 - 3850, reverse - 3189

I compared the rods to the new ones I installed, they were identical. I used a new Hurst install kit when I put in the new shifter.

Please let me know if you need more info or pics. Happy to help.

Is the ball shift knob correct for 70 RR? I thought it was pistol grip.

my 70 RR came with this ball msk17[1].jpg

- - - Updated - - -

and changed later to a Mr Gasket handle 193810[1].jpg

A pistol grip is the only correct handle for a factory D21 4-spd Dodge or Plymouth B or E body from 1970-4. The mechanism and rods for sale above, are aftermarket Hurst parts. The factory 1970 reverse rod is totally different in appearance. However, the above set will work just fine if you aren't looking for OEM parts.

A pistol grip is the only correct handle for a factory D21 4-spd Dodge or Plymouth B or E body from 1970-4. The mechanism and rods for sale above, are aftermarket Hurst parts. The factory 1970 reverse rod is totally different in appearance. However, the above set will work just fine if you aren't looking for OEM parts.

That makes sense now why my shift rods look so much different. Haha, stupid me for not paying attention to the fact that it is an aftermarket kit.

IIRC, 1970 is one year only...what's the difference between 70 and 66-69?

In 1970 they started the column interlock, so that is one of the things. In a stock setup the reverse shift rod is different and has a double ended swivel which one end hooks up to the intermediate rod and the other end to the reverse lever. In 69 it had a single swivel and a different reverse shift rod. That is one of the differences.

Just wanted to say this not me saying this won't work on a 70. I am just explaining the differences.

If you are talking about the shifter handle YY1

68's had Inland shifters earlier ones anyway
69's had Hurst shifters with round handle shaft and wood grain ball
70's had Pistol grip if 4 speed (3 speed was standard equipment)

If you are talking about the shifter handle YY1

68's had Inland shifters earlier ones anyway
69's had Hurst shifters with round handle shaft and wood grain ball
70's had Pistol grip if 4 speed (3 speed was standard equipment)

You beat me to that. I was just getting ready to add that. Way too quick and smart you are. I bow down to the master. Haha

That long rod in your pic looks bent to me. And I never saw a 70 with a ball handle, in other words, there may have been some.

You beat me to that. I was just getting ready to add that. Way too quick and smart you are. I bow down to the master. Haha

I'm not a master of anything but a collector of information like we all are LOL .. and there is always someone who knows more than I do or has some conflicting info with something I always thought I knew so I'm aware of my limitations brother and always learning, but thanks very much for the compliment :)

That's what I always thought too. Was researching the Mopar parts number book. Seems the ball handle was available on the 3 speed floor shift but pistol grip for the 4 speed in a 70.

A pistol grip is the only correct handle for a factory D21 4-spd Dodge or Plymouth B or E body from 1970-4.

The handle and ball is not an original 1970 handle. 1970 RR's with a 4 speed came with the pistol grip shifter handle, which mine already has. I bought a new Hurst shifter because the one above needs to be rebuilt, and the handle and ball came with the kit. The handle is not bent, it's in perfect shape. I never even removed the wrapper. This is the exact shifter, I bought it from Summit:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/huu-3916789/overview/

And I used this install kit for the new rods, etc:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/huu-3734089/overview/

What's left in my original post are the remaining parts that I have no use for any longer.

Would you swap for a pistol grip setup ? new used I bought last year .

Sorry everyone I wasn't near my PC the last couple of days. The Shifter was sold on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back