• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hurst shifter stick

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
I am restoring a 69 roadrunner with non console 4 speed. Sometime in the past the original hurst shifter stick was cut off and welded in a short straight stick. I bought a new shifter mechanisem and stick from hurst. The problem is they only come one way, which has the double radius bend. The original for this car had only one bend and was shorter. The originals are for sale for around $330. Hurst makes alot of aftermarket sticks, and my question is does anybody know the dimensions of an original so I could order a new one using the specs on thier website? I have asked Hurst and Brewers , neither one can help without a part number. Hope somebody can help me with this problen.

This is just my opinion:
I'd buy a nice used B-body non-console shifter handle on eBay for $100-150.00.
If you want one that's absolutely perfect for a show car restoration have it rechromed for another $75.00-125.00.
I just had a round Hurst shifter handle triple show chromed for $100.00 (including shipping both ways!). It also needed a little bit of work before it was ready for the chrome.
I used a Chrome guy (Terry) from Brillion, Wisconsin.
This way it'll be original/vintage, have more value in the future, and probably have a better finish than a new mass production piece.
It probably wont cost you any more than (probably not even as much as) a new one either.

Of course ask the same question to 100 different people you will get 100 different answers

Auto Transport Service
Back