• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hydro Dipping Films

dryheat

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
I'm going to be making a custom instrument cluster for my 64 Polara with some Dakota Digital VHX gauges. My OCD has been kicking in and I have this vision of getting it hydro dipped to appear similar to the ribbed design of the original cluster.

I've been poking around the internet but can not seem to locate a film that reasonably replicates a faux ribbed design. Anyone seen something like this done before?

Can't sat that I have. I'm sure anything could be done.

I'm going to be making a custom instrument cluster for my 64 Polara with some Dakota Digital VHX gauges. My OCD has been kicking in and I have this vision of getting it hydro dipped to appear similar to the ribbed design of the original cluster.

I've been poking around the internet but can not seem to locate a film that reasonably replicates a faux ribbed design. Anyone seen something like this done before?

Do not panic because it's out there and for a pitence you can have a sample that will probably do your entire instrument cluster. It's made by Fasade (FasadePanels.com) and comes in a host of finishes. I got a sample of Brushed Aluminum-#08 in Rib style.
Their phone number is 800.434.3750. This **** looks ever so retro and has a beautiful finish ( many of them actually). It's a UV inert thermoplastic that's easy to work with and comes in various styles. It's actually used as wall/backsplash panels so you need to look around on the site to find the look you want. Order a sample or two for cheap and your good to go. Order a ceiling tile sample which is larger.

http://fasadeideas.com/fasade-ceiling-tile-2x2-lay-in-rib-argent-silver

Auto Transport Service
Back