• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hydroboost on my 64 B body

Army's pickup, blazers in the 80's, and Humvee's all come equiped with Hydrobooster.
Good to go till you loose a power steering belt, or the engine dies.

I doubt I will loose a belt. I have a a gatorback 6 rib belt and a bracket I CNC'd to tension the PS pump. Its running off its own belt. If the engine stop running I would have 1-2 applications with the hydroboost. But honestly, the car stops well enough without it. So if the hydroboost stops working the car will stop awesome. It stops fricken amazing now

iragivett01 that gold cylinder on the side of the hydro is just for that reason, its called " acummulator" and holds enough fluid just for that reason, the main reason i like this set up.... my cam, not enough vacuume and did'nt want manual brakes, i hope iam as happy as lxmodguy.
Army's pickup, blazers in the 80's, and Humvee's all come equiped with Hydrobooster.
Good to go till you loose a power steering belt, or the engine dies.

I have a gm type 2 ps pump and a mustang 2 power steering rack. I tried a panic stop and ended up kissing the steering wheel.

I did this on a 72 Mustang Mach 1. The difference these things make in stopping power is enormous. Obviously there are going to be differences but I used the hydrobooster from a 2000 or so Mustang, the factory 72 power brake master cylinder, the factory PB proportioning valve, factory PS pump, and just had custom hoses made at the local Aeroquip store. (living near a place with a lot of aviation is nice when you need custom hoses and fittings put together) I never had any issues with the setup and it allowed room to convert the car from an automatic to hydraulic clutch 5 speed trans.

Got a package today ! ! looks like i have a job to do this weekend ! wilwood master & my hydroboost ! YAAh ! !

I will post some oictures I got mine off Ebay for $60 off 2001 Ford Mustang Cobra easy fix also got diverter

Auto Transport Service
Back