• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I’m a millennial and my generation sucks

I'll probably get hammered for this BUT;
Yep early in the 1st decade of the Baby Boomers
those that came of age in 1967-69 { I was about 8-10 then}
those born about the time the Korean ware started/ended,
riding on a high from the 1st 5 or so years of prosperity after WWII
especially, helped or created some of, if not most of the mess, entitlement...

Govt. dependency, entitlement talks began to grow, rapidly gaining ground...
People actually worked with each other, we were a country, not divided,
like since the 1992 to today...

The country was strong, military was strong, jobs were prevalent,
history books were accurate, not some form of liberals ideology,
forced on the youth, there was so much infrastructure being built {Ike's deal}
factories were booming, Detroit was booming, Steel industry was booming...
People were moving out of the big-shity, into the suburbs,
quite neighborhoods, with manicured lawns, all little neat houses in a row etc.
There was true optimism, people were happy, the country was growing rapidly...
Unfortunately the inner-shity was overpopulating by 2 fold, they tried too many
social welfare programs right & left, failed right & left too, but never gotten rid of...
It's here to stay now unfortunately, once you get people dependent on handouts
social engineering etc., they'll never go back...

I am a late Baby Boomer {born 1959, in the last 5-6 years) but don't really identify
with the 1st decade of baby boomers either, at all...
Well other than the anti-liberal establishment stuff, anti big govt., anti-debt...
I was appalled by the Hippie movement & anti-military/war protesting era,
of the 60's to early 70's, drop out generation, that are leaches of society,
that era shaped me to the man I am & how I raised my kids too,
they weren't ever going to be like that part of my gen., If I could help it...

Sorry not meant to offend anyone of that era either, just my $0.02 cents...
Couldn't have said it better. There were two sides of the boomers the workers and the hippie stoners that protest everything and did little to improve society. It was and era where you took responsibility or you dropped out of society. It was the start of letting children run wild to express themselves as the hippies did or the workers who passed on responsibility and accountability to their children. Doctor Spock spare the rod book etc. There was the draft which a lot of us got caught in and then were those that went to Canada to avoid it. Those hippie types eventually went to college and those are teaching todays college students and passing on their wussification of this generation. How many colleges are conservative not many. It is now in our public schools and the kids are being brainwashed from day one in school. Millenials are the only ones that can put and end to this downward spiral. I hope there are many more like the young man in the article.

When you were born i was just finishing HS. VN was going on,people wanted the war to end,Nixon,drugs,cities in decline. There were just as much protesting and id even say more then whats going on today. The comment about Sanders/Hillary supporters being a bunch of 20 year olds,i can only say,so what. What makes you think that people supporting those two,who go to rallies are any better or worse than some who go to see Trump speak. Its all distortion lies media biased bull were being spoon fed. And if these two actors clowns one who by the FBI owns word acted irresponsible,the other who misrepresented himself and hustled people out of there own money because they were suckers and who BTW will have to answer his own civil suit real soon,are the very best this country can up with to run for our highest office then God help us all.
The establisment is corrupt on both sides, you are the generation that had (probably) family/ friends that fought in WWII and Korea...against the exact kind of idealology that Hillary/Sanders want to push on America.
What I find odd is that generation that fought against that tyranny did so willingly, for America.... But to watch these 20 somethings support a Marxist govt or a total confiscation of fire arms, violently I might add and contrary to way conservatives have typically protested, is disheartening to say the least.
Personally I think we have a long road ahead of us and if the next generation thinks that communism is great, Che Guera is a hero, and the constitution is dead we all are doomed!

"HIPPIE" i work my *** off, i am not self entitled! If i was i would go to the ER & get my kidney stones taken care of. i deal with the discomfort, over 3 yrs now. Never collected a welfare check in my life.
"History is Always written by the winners.....Always Biased"
Napoleon Bonaparte

IMG_20160327_152856.jpg

The establisment is corrupt on both sides, you are the generation that had (probably) family/ friends that fought in WWII and Korea...against the exact kind of idealology that Hillary/Sanders want to push on America.
What I find odd is that generation that fought against that tyranny did so willingly, for America.... But to watch these 20 somethings support a Marxist govt or a total confiscation of fire arms, violently I might add and contrary to way conservatives have typically protested, is disheartening to say the least.
Personally I think we have a long road ahead of us and if the next generation thinks that communism is great, Che Guera is a hero, and the constitution is dead we all are doomed!
I do not know many of the gererations of WWII, Korea, Suez Cannel or Vietnam that actually had a choice. There was a active draft. If lucky you drew a high number, had parents with the means to send you off to college or you left the country. There was no choise as today where if you decide not to go you just do not go.
Did they fight willingly? Yes many did so because they wanted to but many had no choise.
So just who is wanting to rewrite history here?

I do not know many of the gererations of WWII, Korea, Suez Cannel or Vietnam that actually had a choice. There was a active draft. If lucky you drew a high number, had parents with the means to send you off to college or you left the country. There was no choise as today where if you decide not to go you just do not go.
Did they fight willingly? Yes many did so because they wanted to but many had no choise.
So just who is wanting to rewrite history here?
Not sure what you mean about rewritting history...I never said everyone volunteered... I love everyone of our vets, past and present and think there is nothing more honorable or has sacrificed more than our military personnel.The point was that there appears to be significant difference regarding the amount of patriotism today by our youth compared to years past. To support of an idealology that had an American that died, was injured while fighting and served against it is despicable.
I'm all for free speach but when you spit, walk, wipe your *** or burn a flag, vote/support that belief, you, in my book, might as well be one of the sobs shooting at our troops. Not trying to rewrite history...

Not sure what you mean about rewritting history...I never said everyone volunteered... I love everyone of our vets, past and present and think there is nothing more honorable or has sacrificed more than our military personnel.The point was that there appears to be significant difference regarding the amount of patriotism today by our youth compared to years past. To support of an idealology that had an American that died, was injured while fighting and served against it is despicable.
I'm all for free speach but when you spit, walk, wipe your *** or burn a flag, vote/support that belief, you, in my book, might as well be one of the sobs shooting at our troops. Not trying to rewrite history...
Hey, I am all for Dying for a good cause but i dont Blame any Kid for not wanting to Go into the Army now. I wouldnt fight any of these bullshit wars if you payed me. Go get Suicide bombed so we can get oil, Gimme a break.

Hey Mike please post this dribble on the political forum with the rest of the hog wash. You make a lot of claims that there is no actual facts to back it up....

Habib, no-one wants war much less to die in one regardless of the cause, that's why I care about our sons and daughters in our military. Thats why people that are so flipant about it piss me off.They enlist knowing what could come to pass and that is honorable.

Steve you want facts ??? in addition to the 10 million men that were drafted there was an additional 6 million who volunteered in WWII! 2/3 of the 9 million Vietnam soldiers that served on active duty in that era were volunteers. Sanders is a self confessed Marxist supported mostly by millenials.
If you want more Facts... I'll be glad to give them to you!

Hey Mike if your going to do a search on the internet about VN and then post it like you know what your talking about,at least do so accurately.

Read it Steve,try doing some research on your own for a change... I'm tired of doing it for ya... Quit going to the first source you googled...

Read #1 and tell me again whats a VN solider as you wrote. Your figure you quoted was people who served in the military during the VN era. That does not mean they are a VN solider or a VN veteran and veteran is what i think maybe you meant.... For the record about the draft as I've said in other discussions,males born in 1952 were the last draft. Due to the fact that we were not sending troops over there the lottery number was low,under a 100. So many born in 52 did not get drafted. Myself my draft number was under 100 so i received a draft notice in late summer or the fall i don't remember exactly of the year 1972

Read it Steve,try doing some research on your own for a change... I'm tired of doing it for ya... Quit going to the first source you googled...
Mike i read quite well and i never asked you to do anything as the such for me. Get your facts straight and spare us the usual

My bad Steve, military personnel...not soldier...
Add. It does not change the fact that 2/3 volunteered...and thank you for your service!!! Regardless if you agree with me or not.

Last edited:
Apparently I'm in the useless age category. It's funny I worked 80+ hours a week ,not bi weekly ,but yes weekly then I came home worked on my cars or maintained my house (my house that I bought and worked hard for ) then I found time to help other people with their cars ect.I had two new cars I payed for. I now own my home out right and own my cars out right too. It was hard but I did it my self with a little help along the way. My wife worked ever since she was allowed to and has never once been without a job. So not all millenials are useless. Most yes but not all .

My bad Steve, military personnel...not soldier...
Add. It does not change the fact that 2/3 volunteered...and thank you for your service!!! Regardless if you agree with me or not.
You fail to address the quantity of the 2/3 that supposedly volunteered that would have gone to prison if they had not volunteered or the ones that had a branch preference and volunteered to get it not really wanting to go at all.
So when you use the word volunteered it was of a different time not as it is today were one truly has a choice.
Beond that this will have to be taken up on a different form.

Oh I missed the joining the military comments.
I wanted to join the military I finished high school started college and a good job right out of high school as an apprentice so I figured I'll finish the two year program get all the free training and education I could gets some real world experience.by that time I'd have two years of college under my belt. Then I would join the military and continue my training on plains and tanks ect. But during my training I hurt my knee in the shop had me out of work for awhile. I went down to the recruiters office and explained to him my plans he said they wouldn't take me even in a draft. I'd be a liability. So that went out the window .so I stayed on at the shop that thought me most everything it was a very good job and I should of never left there but I wanted a better life (I didn't care to much for rolling around in magot infested trash why I fixed the bulldozer) so I went back into retail where I worked during school so I could move up to be a manager. I learned all I could got my managers job was making good money ,but I wanted more still. I left got a job at a automotive garage sharpened my skills there on cars and small trucks (I was given free training at the expense of the companys)I then dead ended the job again then moved on to school bus' I was getting trained here too for my inspector s licence I was screwed out of this job because of the economy and the boss wanted his buddy to work there so I got shafted. I then got picked up by 3 shops I used to work for they all fought to get me back so between them we came up with a time table I worked between them for while because I could fix just about anything at this point with being trained on everything I did.so again I was working atleast but getting board of the work I wanted change something different. Well I found a company looking for a helper in there shop. Pay sucked hours sucked but they had so much different stuff to work on (stuff I've never seen before) I was excited and put my app. In I didn't tell them I knew anything. I got the job and blew them away I got a $6.00 an hour raise within a week and they hired another guy to be the helper and bumped me to a tech. So I worked all the time the boss couldn't believe it I never went home he said and after awhile he got stuck when his truck tech quit and a truck was down . I told him no problem get me the parts . He said you know trucks too! I smiled ,so after that he made me give him a resume ,he then after seeing I was a manager of over 30 people ,made me the shop forman. And dedicated main man as we called it . Then one day our on road main man needed a hand he took me out and couldn't believe how resourceful I was ,I was then given another raise and the keys to my very unshiny crappy looking truck I was now still the main shop man but in a pinch I could go out and help them in the field. So after awhile I basically ran the show. Then one of our night mechanics caused problems and quit then the back up quit I was thrown out on 15 hour shifts at night and loved every second of it my work was always different and difficult it made me think . I stayed on the night shift for a year solid. The boss was starting to talk to me about his retirement and wanted me to take completely over. Then a week later some lady smashed into me ruining my life . I lost it all this was 4 years ago I haven't worked since I've had a surgery already and am getting another one in a couple months. They want me to sit at home like the rest of my generation. But I can't do it I want to get back out there and work I know I'll never go back to doing big truck and equipment repair s and probably not even car and light truck. I will probably be stuck at a parts store or a quick lube or something. I can't stand doing nothing I don't know how people do it. People in this current time period have become extremely lazy they want 5 min brakes every 30 mins or work for 3 hours and call it a day . Sorry for the long drawn out life story I could of gone back before I even got out of school but it wasn't needed all I'll say and end on I got a job at age 15 I worked before that but wasn't "legal" anyways as soon as I hit 17 I got a second job just because I just like doing stuff I guess . With no work there's nothing to do .

You fail to address the quantity of the 2/3 that supposedly volunteered that would have gone to prison if they had not volunteered or the ones that had a branch preference and volunteered to get it not really wanting to go at all.
So when you use the word volunteered it was of a different time not as it is today were one truly has a choice.
Beond that this will have to be taken up on a different form.
Good point

Auto Transport Service
Back