• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I’m looking to purchase a 1948 Plymouth

frank

Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a 1948 Plymouth Special DeLuxe Business Coupe, similar to the one in the attachment. I intend to restore it (as close as I can) not do a chop job. I’m not looking for a rust bucket; but one that is at least running and has all the parts. Maybe one that someone’s has been restoring and can’t finish it or something close to that. My max is 10g

1948 Plumouth.jpg

How about a 47 that is already done for under your budget target? It sits about 17 miles South of downtown Atlanta in a garage next to my in law's house. The guy that restored it passed away, and his wife is looking to sell it. I'll be down there in 2 weeks and can get you some pictures and details if interested.

I loves me a 46-48 Plymouth.

I fell in love with one that sat in a storage lot outside my favorite audio store...back in the early 1980's.

Those are a bit outside my "comfort zone", but I've wanted one ever since.

There's a fairly cheap 48 Dodge business coupe on Tampa CL that comes with a 383.

$2500 IIRC.

My "Bud" has one.
All there, in primer, in a garage.
The interior is "re-done"
It's missing the running boards.
It might be a 47.
It runs. Has the original "Straight-6-cyl"
It has always been in the hot arrid Mojave Desert.
"I" think it was a USAF staff car from Edwards AFB in 1947. (I found some faint Dk Blue paint underneath)
100 percent rust free ALL ITS LIFE.
-It is at his sons house.
I will ask him for a pic.
"super-bee_ski"
PS: It even has the original rear tail lights with the "Mayflower Ship" embossed in them!

My "Bud" has one.
It might be a 47.
"I" think it was a USAF staff car from Edwards AFB in 1947. (I found some faint Dk Blue paint underneath)
"super-bee_ski"
PS: It even has the original rear tail lights with the "Mayflower Ship" embossed in them!

PM sent

YY1
Speaking of confort zone, I can't keep staying in mine. I need to take on a project thats outside that. I'm looking at a 2 years restoration on a 1945-49 with most of the parts available. I think I found one in MN he waasts 6000 but I think I can get it lower. I'll keep you posted.

Frank, Del
Frank

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of confort zone, I can't keep staying in mine. I need to take on a project thats outside that. I'm looking at a 2 years restoration on a 1945-49 with most of the parts available. I think I found one in MN he waasts 6000 but I think I can get it lower. I'll keep you posted.

Frank, Del

- - - Updated - - -

If it's still available let me know...........
I have one other I've been looking at, I wuld like to make a decession within the next 6 weeks.

Frank, Delaware

- - - Updated - - -

48 Plymouth on CL in NC

Here's one that is being advertised on CL in NC

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4172082707.html

00P0P_eLOXrUBW8T2_600x450.jpg

I have a 1948 plymouth special deluxe p15 2 door. car has the original flat head six and it runs! car is all original and has all the original parts that came on this car new. it does have some rust in floor pans and trunk pan. body of the car is in good shape considering the age of it. car would make a nice restoration or rat rod project. im asking 4000 or best offer or trade. i like a little bit of everything so if you have something you might would trade let me know. i do have a good nc title for this car.

Left phone numbers off to abide by rules of this site.

Just trying to help out a FBBO buddy . . . G'luck.

It looks good, I'm trying to stick with the 1948 Plymouth Special DeLuxe Business Coupe. If I'm going to do a full restoration I'll need to love it from start to finish.

Thank buddy.

It looks good, I'm trying to stick with the 1948 Plymouth Special DeLuxe Business Coupe. If I'm going to do a full restoration I'll need to love it from start to finish.

Thank buddy.

Gotcha . . . the business coupe . . .

Then there's this one for sale too . . . ( it is a Business Coupe ) ( smile )

00j0j_jkdIwkIg2sG_600x450.jpg

Thank buddy.

Frank, you still interested in the post I replied ..?

I think there is one about a mile east of me that has been sitting outside a couple of years. Let me know if you want me to call the guy and get more info on it. It is about 25 miles south of Ft. Wayne, Indiana.

Benji

1948 Plymouth Special Business Coupe 2.jpg
It’s better than I thought; he has about 95% of the body completed and primed, new breaks, batters and shocks. Engine runs very good, and he has 99% of the chrome pieces, original wheels with the hubcaps. Dash board looks very good with all the knobs, all original lights in place with no broken lenses. The reason I picked this is that it will allow me to restore the car without changing from custom to original. It’s already original. I’ll have the latitude to put the correct year material on the seats and through the car. Undercarriage is in great shape he did replace the floor pan and did a very good job.
I’ll provide photos as it comes in and during the restoration.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks but I picked one up in Minnisota

My "Bud" has one.
It might be a 47.
"super-bee_ski"

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks but I picked one up in Minnisota

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back