• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I couldn't believe what came in the mail today! Now with pictures

SteveSS

Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score
A long time ago, maybe 18 months, I ordered some seat covers for my 1973 Pontiac Grand Am. As I've discussed before this isn't the crappy Grand Am from the 90's this was a true cross between a Grand Prix and a Trans Am with the 455 engine. I had lost my receipt and pretty much written off the $500 they cost. Voila, today they showed. Miracles never cease!

Who was the honest seller who filled you order? Give them an A+ for their honesty, and maybe a D for speed filling the order.

A long time ago, maybe 18 months, I ordered some seat covers for my 1973 Pontiac Grand Am. As I've discussed before this isn't the crappy Grand Am from the 90's this was a true cross between a Grand Prix and a Trans Am with the 455 engine. I had lost my receipt and pretty much written off the $500 they cost. Voila, today they showed. Miracles never cease!
I love that car, that was supposed to be the new refined GTO , please post pix of your car. Another cool car was the Pontiac Can Am.

Those are neat looking cars, seen a couple around at shows over the years. Congrats on the parts finally showing up and a thumbs up to the seller who stood by the sale and came through...eventually! :thumbsup:

Congrats. I would say a happy ending?

Growing up my gang were Chevy guys. So I went Pontiac. Lol. High school car was '66 GTO. College was '68 Firebird. (Just the 350.) Had a '68 Satellite for a short while in-between. Then came my 1st '69 GTX. And never looked back away from Mopar. (For classic cars)

But still have fond memories of Pontiac. But I agree, pics are a must.

My record was 581 days for red metallic seat covers for my 66 Plymouth.

I love that car, that was supposed to be the new refined GTO , please post pix of your car. Another cool car was the Pontiac Can Am.
I always liked the Pontiac’s over the other GMs. One of my buds has a beautiful black 69 Trans am, another has a white 69 convertible he was restoring. I don’t know if he ever finished it.

What company took so long to come through with the order?
Legendary got pretty backed up, but even then I heard it was under a year to fulfil orders. SMS Auto fabrics seems to always take forever but worth the wait.
Those are the only 2 seat cover suppliers I’m familiar with.
We had a 73 Lemans in the display I put together for MCACN last year. Cool car, I couldn’t recall the last time I’d seen one!

What? No pics?

When it came to GM products, my thumbs were painted black so I didn't mess with them but did own 3 56 Chevys. Two were 2dr sedans and 1 was a more door. Thing is I didn't keep them long enough to work on them and the 'nice' one ended up with a blown engine shortly after selling it.

And yeah, where's the pics of that Grand Am?

I've posted these before but the Grand Am is not on the front burner yet. It's painted and has the 455 in it, but I'm trying to finish the 1971 Charger 500 and the '70 GTO first.

ga5b.jpg
ga4b.jpg
ga3b.jpg
ga1b.jpg

In a decade where it seemed auto manufacturers were competing on who could produce the fugliest cars, Pontiac got this one right. Love the look.

Auto Transport Service
Back