• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don't know if I got chased by the cops tonight or what.

john.thompson068

Local time
2:18 PM
Reaction score
I went to a tire distribution warehouse in the 440ci 66 Satellite because I noticed it had a really long and straight road going from the businesses in the front to the tire warehouse about a 1/4 back from the road. The road itself is totally safe and I probably only hit like 60 in second gear before gently coming to a stop. It is a little industrial area a mile past the last housing in the area. So it is not like I am being reckless so don't try and flame me. Anyway, it was about 8:30 and dusk, and no one was there. Or so I thought. I hit it about 5 times up and down that road. On the last little pass, I heard sirens so I kept going to the main road instead of turning around for one more. A mile down the road I see red lights low to the ground so not like a ambulance or firetruck. I immediately think Sheriff's and pull out and start speeding down the road away from them. After pulling out I check my mirror and the red lights are off but there is bright headlights gaining on me fast. So I step it up to like 65 on this country type 45 mph road. When I get to the intersection a mile down, I notice that there is no cops coming up behind me. Whatever those red lights were from, they pulled off into somewhere back there. But there is nothing back there. Just a couple businesses with roads like the one I was "visiting". I turned at the intersection, cruised up the road, turned around, passed the road I was chased down, and turned around again, and no cops or anything popped out from that road. I went back up the road and past the spot, but didn't see anything. Maybe they had gone around the corner at the end of the road to try and catch me back there. They almost did to. All I know is when I pulled out of their earlier, whatever they were, those flashing lights were flying toward my location. In this county, there is a no chase policy unless it is a felony. So if you look like you are trying to evade, they have to cut off their lights and drive a different direction. So maybe that happened too. :eek: Maybe one of those neighboring places had a night security guard. That sucks. Next time I will make only two passes and be on my way.

Id probably be locked up if it were me, lol.. It really doesn't sound like it was the cops, at least after you unless in Florida they are different then up here, Here, turning around and driving around the same area they would have you, Been there and done it, got caught at it.. Sounds like they may have been after someone though. The laws differ in one state to another but they usually make it a point to get someone eluding them, even if they cant chase you, they would have an alternative plan to make sure you or anyone isint getting one over on them. JMO.. I don't know why you would think anyone would flame you over it, it isn't like we all haven't done the same thing before.. Yours just turned out better then some do, Better then some of my "mistakes"

sounds like what happened to me a few weeks ago. i was coming home from a car cruise and it was dark outside. i see this car right on my ***......i notice this happens ALOT driving a purple car...i think people just want a closer look so they ride my ***. ANYWAY.... this kinda irritates me to a degree....so....as soon as i knew a strait-away was coming...i put my hand on the shifter ready to drop in into 2nd and smoke this idiot thats riding my bumper. no sooner i put my hand on the shifter....ON COME THE RED LIGHTS....mind you i was not speeding...so i looked for a place to pull over. noplace to pull off on this road....so this cop passes me and speeds off in front of me.

moral to the story is that he wasnt after me and must have gotten a call on his radio as he was behind me. good thing i didnt smoke his *** like i was going to ....HUH?...lol... perhaps they werent after you!

you might be able to outrun the cops, but you can't outrun a motorola.Most of us have all been there and done that.No flaming from me.

I did get pulled over Fri / last night after a cruise in to North Beach. I was actually on my way home, and decided to cruise to the next town close by. After clearing one of those traffic calming circles they are now using. I had about a half mile af clear straight road in front of me. So I hit it pretty hard, and went through the gears up to about 70 in a 50 zone. There was a car I could see in the other lane approaching just as I got third gear rubber. What I couldnt see was the Cop right up behind him. Well , I dont have to tell ya, He spun right around and turned on the lights. He had a ride along with him in a different uniform , they both approach the car from each side. Cop says he got me at 64mph . I say , Oh really? im just coming home from a cruise in , and just testing a few things out. He asks if I have any Violations in the past 2 yrs. I tell him no. He comes back to the car again with the ride along, and hand me a Warning ticket. I really think that him and his ride along just wanted to see the car close up. Not the first time thats happened either. B----ut fellas Im sorry to say I was not driving the Chicken ( it aint out of the oven yet ) I confess I was driving my 1960 Fuelie Corvette with modified motor. Around 495 HP. LOL

I was coming home from a friends out of town about 5 years ago, and if anyone knows Saskatchewan highways they know how long, flat and straight they are. I was driving an 87 Corolla GT-S at the time (5spd, RWD, 7500rpm redline, about 110hp lol) Anyways the highway (4 lane) was deserted so I thought I would see how fast my little corolla could go. I was about 1 minute from the city and I finally hit 190kmh, and decided to let off because the car was about to fall apart. (again, the highways were empty, never passed a single vehicle, had I approached anther car I would have let off) By the time I got into the city I was going the speed limit, pulled up to a red light right as it turned red and when it turned green I was surrounded by cop cars and cops pointing thier guns at me telling me to throw my keys out the window. Apparently they were sitting just off the highway out in the country when I flew by them and they started chasing me, the one cop said ''I was going 170 and you were blowing me away!'' I said ''Look at my rusty corolla, i'd be supprised if it could hit 140!'' So long story short I got a ticket for going 140 in a 110 and a 24hr impound. Didn't even get cuffed or searched when they put me in the back of the cop car haha, good times. If they would have clocked my speed I would have been arrested, 1 year driving ban and my car would have been impounded for a long time

The thing that really freaks me out are those undercover cars. You know the ones that look exactly like a regular car and can be a variety of makes and models. I don't speed around town, but I do like to gas it in first and let it squeal the tires into second when I get room ahead of me. Its fun, and the car does it so easily without breaking any speed limits. Even when I do come across one of the big roads that has light traffic, I always let off at like 60. That is about the most they would ever be able to get me for around town. The freeway can be a good spot too. The most I would ever do there is top it out while catching up to a car in front of me, but without passing anyone at high speed. At least there you can scan way ahead for any cop cars and only be speeding for 500 to a 1000 feet or so. I am pretty careful, and hope I never get in any trouble.

My Road Runner just seems to do 95 all by itself on the highway.....it loves it....even with 3:55's

Seems the under cover cars here always are the dark ones with dog dish looking hub caps lol, I suppose now ill be stopped by a Challenger.. Which would be almost cool!

I don't know of any law enforcement agencies here in Florida that use only red lights to the front. FL code specified they use red and blue or just blue. If all you saw was red, it was a fire/emergency vehicle and not the police.

I wouldn't stop for a car trying to pull me over that just had red lights flashing unless I did it in a very populated parking lot.

If you run from the Police the CHP will get you....

Attachments

• ChiPs.JPG
    ChiPs.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 263
  • SEAT_Exeo_vs_police__car_chase_by_the_alkspain[1].jpg
    SEAT_Exeo_vs_police__car_chase_by_the_alkspain[1].jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 279
I don't know of any law enforcement agencies here in Florida that use only red lights to the front. FL code specified they use red and blue or just blue. If all you saw was red, it was a fire/emergency vehicle and not the police.

I wouldn't stop for a car trying to pull me over that just had red lights flashing unless I did it in a very populated parking lot.

Heh, when I was detailing cars we had a contract with the city police, we cleaned all of thier undercover and detective cars. Lots of different trucks, family sedans and sports cars in all different colors. You would never know by looking at them that they were police cars. Needless to say I made a list of em all haha

You are right Bruzilla. Good catch. I was panicking at the time. It was just red and white flashing lights. Cool. Looks like my spot is still safe.

There are some impersonators out there. I've been driving retired Crown Victorias and Police Interceptors since 1992, and know the vehicles well. I had just bought a 1997 FHP CV and was driving it back home on RT 301 one night. My daughter had driven me to get it, and was driving in her Probe behind me.

As we passed through Hawthorne, FL, I saw a 93-94 black & white CV sitting on the southbound side of 301. As we passed it, it pulled out and fell in behind us. The driver was behind my daughter for a couple of miles, then pulled out from behind and got beside her. He stayed alongside for a few minutes, then dropped in behind her again. Then he pulled next to her again and edged real close to her car like he was trying to get her to pull over.

I was about 500 feet ahead, and slammed by brakes on hard. This forced my daughter to slam her brakes on, and the "cop" had no place to go but stay in the passing lane and come past me. When he did I saw it was a 93-94 CV, with a light bar on top, and markings on the doors and rear deck, but the deck lid read "COUNTY POLICE". Lots of wrong things here. First, the car was too old to be in service, second the Alachua County Sheriffs Office drives white cars with green stripes, and there are no county police in that area. I got a quick look at the shocked looking face of the driver, who had just seen the car I was in looked like an unmarked Interceptor, and then the driver floored his car and took off while I waited for my daughter to get back in behind me.

We called the Alachua County Sheriff's Office when we got home, and they confirmed the guy had to be an impersonator, so you have to watch out for who you pull over for.

There are some impersonators out there. I've been driving retired Crown Victorias and Police Interceptors since 1992, and know the vehicles well. I had just bought a 1997 FHP CV and was driving it back home on RT 301 one night. My daughter had driven me to get it, and was driving in her Probe behind me.

As we passed through Hawthorne, FL, I saw a 93-94 black & white CV sitting on the southbound side of 301. As we passed it, it pulled out and fell in behind us. The driver was behind my daughter for a couple of miles, then pulled out from behind and got beside her. He stayed alongside for a few minutes, then dropped in behind her again. Then he pulled next to her again and edged real close to her car like he was trying to get her to pull over.

I was about 500 feet ahead, and slammed by brakes on hard. This forced my daughter to slam her brakes on, and the "cop" had no place to go but stay in the passing lane and come past me. When he did I saw it was a 93-94 CV, with a light bar on top, and markings on the doors and rear deck, but the deck lid read "COUNTY POLICE". Lots of wrong things here. First, the car was too old to be in service, second the Alachua County Sheriffs Office drives white cars with green stripes, and there are no county police in that area. I got a quick look at the shocked looking face of the driver, who had just seen the car I was in looked like an unmarked Interceptor, and then the driver floored his car and took off while I waited for my daughter to get back in behind me.

We called the Alachua County Sheriff's Office when we got home, and they confirmed the guy had to be an impersonator, so you have to watch out for who you pull over for.

Bruzilla; There was something on Yahoo.com news section about some guy doing exactly that impersonating police/sheriff he was lighting up & pulling over, then shooting them, some serial/mass-murder... I don't remember where it was now, that's all we need is people, paranoid of the police or any other law enforcement...

Auto Transport Service
Back