• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got Scammed

LR1970

Local time
10:01 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone, maybe the scammer is reading this also.

I posted in the wanted forum and was contacted by a member. Was told they knew someone with the part and to email them. I emailed the person and after several messages I agreed to buy the item.
The person insisted I pay family and friends on Paypal for IRS reasons. Once the payment went through the FBBO message from the member disappeared and now 10 days later they are not answering messages from me. There were a few red flags I can see now but at the time I was happy to find the part. Can FBBO admin access the deleted message to block this person or would it be gone forever?

Here are the email address and PayPal names associated with the scam.

[email protected] Email
[email protected] Paypal
[email protected] Paypal
Justlauraflores Name on bank statement

First time I have ever been scammed, I feel like a fool but will be wiser for the lesson.

I hope this helps someone.

that sucks ***, nothing worse than a thief & a liar/scammer

caveat emptor

Did you contact paypal and see what they can do? I've heard of people getting refunds even with f&f.

Did you contact paypal and see what they can do? I've heard of people getting refunds even with f&f.
I think the friends and family payment method takes away that capability.
(That's why they spun the web in that direction)

PayPal helped me once when I bought an oil cooler from a website and never got any confirmation or a delivery.

Sorry you got scammed but there is information on this site to help you from getting scammed and if you wanted to you could have even asked on this forum about how the transaction was proceeding and members would have told you SCAM.

A word about Scammers

I was just asking these same questions in the other Paypal thread about Family and Friends

Sorry they got ya,
Thanks for posting it may save someone else.

I posted in the wanted forum and was contacted by a member. Was told they knew someone with the part and to email them.....
I'm thinking them telling you to email them is a big hint not to email them....

I posted in the wanted forum and was contacted by a member. Was told they knew someone with the part and to email them. I emailed the person and after several messages I agreed to buy the item.
The person insisted I pay family and friends on Paypal for IRS reasons. Once the payment went through the FBBO message from the member disappeared and now 10 days later they are not answering messages from me. There were a few red flags I can see now but at the time I was happy to find the part. Can FBBO admin access the deleted message to block this person or would it be gone forever?

[email protected] Email
[email protected] Paypal
[email protected] Paypal

First time I have ever been scammed, I feel like a fool but will be wiser for the lesson.

What is their user name here??

That sucks. Sorry you got burned. Anyone else seeing a pattern where when the scammer contacts you saying he knows someone with your part, the someone always has a female name? Maybe male buyers trust female sellers more readily?

[email protected] Email
[email protected] Paypal
[email protected] Paypal

Sorry to hear about this.
Lesson to learn: never trust the internet.
I hope they can do something for you on this.

Sorry to hear about this.
Lesson to learn: never trust the internet.
I hope they can do something for you on this.
This is like the cat that gets burned on a hot stove, and afterward won’t go near a stove hot or cold.

You’ve got to look around and be aware of what is going on.

Exact same thing happened to me on this site a year ago. I posted a wanted ad for an intake manifold. A member said a buddy of his had what I was looking for and to email him. I did and the guy sent pics. He first sent pics of a 440 intake. I told him I wanted one for a B engine. He then sends a pic of the correct one. Cool, I thought. Until he would not accept Paypal goods and services. Venmo or Zell only. At the time I didn't know what either of those were. Luckily my son set me straight and I didn't do the deal. The guy got pissed and wondered why I wouldn't trust him. Sorry you got burned, there are some real shitheads out there.

This is like the cat that gets burned on a hot stove, and afterward won’t go near a stove hot or cold.

You’ve got to look around and be aware of what is going on.
I am here on the internet and buy things here all the time.
That does not mean I trust any of the internet. I have to examine all of it to make sure, and even then there is a chance. It is a gamble, all you can do is make sure the deck is stacked in your favor.
Never trust the internet.
I personally prefer as much as possible to get a phone number and talk to a person. That doesn't make it either, but it's better then bogus email accounts and speech censoring paypal. Everyone has to decide how much they are willing to gamble when money is involved on the net.

I'm thinking they telling you to email them is a big hint not to email them....
Absolutely....i get that on Craigslist all the time, it's rediculous! I've learned to ignore these idiots, althought I DO like to reply sometimes & 'play' with them & screw with their heads too.

Auto Transport Service
Back