• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I got Scammed

getting scammed sucks and if it happens to me, i"m just going to put it down as cost of saving money! I just got a heat exchanger for my sled for $90 looks like new and it's $800 from polaris and that's just one purchase! so if I lose a few bucks somewhere c'est la vie.
sorry you got hosed,but the warning sign to me would have been F&F only! don't do it!

getting scammed sucks and if it happens to me, i"m just going to put it down as cost of saving money! I just got a heat exchanger for my sled for $90 looks like new and it's $800 from polaris and that's just one purchase! so if I lose a few bucks somewhere c'est la vie.
sorry you got hosed,but the warning sign to me would have been F&F only! don't do it!
What kind of Polaris sled do you have? My neighbor gave me a complete takeoff exhaust system from his Polaris, I just want to get rid of it. If you’re interested, I’ll shoot you over some pics.

nice of you to offer, the machine is a PRO-R 800 with big bore kit , has a lot of mods done to the motor ,can't change anything without remapping the dynojet controller and I don't think I'm capable of putting a custom tune in it and sleeping at night!

Warning signs;
ANY replies to your wanted / want to buy ad should be regarded with suspicion.
75% of replies to your for sale ad- scammers.
99.9 % Scam Doesn’t have the item but knows someone who does.
99% Scam wants you to reply on a different platform than you originally contacted, eg wants you to text if he originally replied via email, wants your phone number, etc.
On Facebook, a good looking 20 year old chick wants to know if you will ship that 8-3/4 housing, scam scam scam.
Anyone you deal with, look at their profile. It’s not hard to do. Guys that have been on fbbo for a few years are probably ok and there is a feed back rating. Let someone else help the new guys build their rep.

Ebay has a feedback system, I avoid anyone with less than 98% positive.

Facebook is really a jungle! Look up a persons profile before even responding. There should be some background info that supports how they represent themselves. Again, new accounts are a red flag.

I’ve been trading on the internet since before the World Wide Web (remember bulletin boards?) after all that I almost got ripped off on a major purchase (major for me) last year on Facebook. Everything looked good, sent the guy a check (risky), he cashed the check and kept putting off shipping the item. 1500 miles away, so option’s are really limited. He quit replying and started to delete info to cover his tracks. I believe he didn’t start out to scam me, but once he got the money was just going to say “screw it.”
I had to get kind of medieval, but in the end I got my items. I was really lucky though and should have been more cautious.
But when it comes to hard to find items, or good deals, or the opportunity to make some money, we tend to get excited and maybe a little greedy. That’s when you have to understand you’re taking a chance with any type of transaction and decide if the risk is worth the reward.

How many times do "we" have to say it?

NEVER send money to members with a 1 or very low post count.

NEVER send money to anyone who immediately asks to move the conversation away from FxBO.

NEVER send money F&F unless you really do know them, or they have a good rep on FxBO.

Low post count, just joined the site...

swj4fe4us778m4cnjuvxg7mpcayheob3tpg16tc5&rid=giphy.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back