• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have no idea what that cross symbol means

moparmike440

Local time
1:58 PM
Reaction score
What does that symbol mean?

IMG_5822.jpeg

I believe that means one or more bearing was .001” oversized from the factory. If it has an “x” thenone or more bearings is .010” oversized from the factory. Looks like 5,2,3 are .010” oversized (not sure if that’s rods or mains….I think it’s right at the front of the engine section in the factory service manual)

I believe that means one or more bearing was .001” oversized from the factory. If it has an “x” thenone or more bearings is .010” oversized from the factory. Looks like 5,2,3 are .010” oversized (not sure if that’s rods or mains….I think it’s right at the front of the engine section in the factory service manual)
Beside the x Has a symbol that’s what I mean

5 23 is engine assembly date. Has nothing to do with which bearings are not standard size.

If you have the crank it could be where undersizes are. Picture shows 5 main and 56/78 rod journals .001 undersized.
acrank.JPG

Weeellll, best to 'mic' things and see what it really is instead of 'reading' what the factory codes are......only way to really know.

Get crank polished.
Get bearings from the machine shop.

Auto Transport Service
Back