• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I know I'll get ripped for this but I like winter.

SteveSS

Local time
4:04 AM
Reaction score
True, I can't work on my car projects but that's okay. Hell, if I could work on them year-round I'd probably spend too much money.

Take this with the knowledge that I live on the Front Range of the Rockies and the snow can turn my area into a winter wonderland. It's snowing right now and I love storms. I also think the snow is beautiful. Most of our trees are conifers so they don't lose their leaves (needles) in the winter, which makes for Christmas card-like landscapes. Shoveling is kind of a bitch but it's good winter exercise. I refuse to give up valuable garage space for a snow blower. Most times if the snow is deep, some neighbor with a blower does the sidewalks anyway. In this particular storm, someone has already cleared my walks.

When it's REALLY cold and the air bites at the inside of your lungs the air feels so clean and fresh. I'm sure part of it is our humidity is extremely low here year-round and that makes it feel so much better. Plus we have all the winter sports. Skiing, snowboarding, tubing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and sometimes I see people cross-country skiing in my neighborhood.

It may be my Norwegian genes because the people in my family feel the same way.

Does ANYBODY else like winter?

Winter, a nice a place to visit!

True, I can't work on my car projects but that's okay. Hell, if I could work on them year-round I'd probably spend too much money.

Take this with the knowledge that I live on the Front Range of the Rockies and the snow can turn my area into a winter wonderland. It's snowing right now and I love storms. I also think the snow is beautiful. Most of our trees are conifers so they don't lose their leaves (needles) in the winter, which makes for Christmas card-like landscapes. Shoveling is kind of a bitch but it's good winter exercise. I refuse to give up valuable garage space for a snow blower. Most times if the snow is deep, some neighbor with a blower does the sidewalks anyway. In this particular storm, someone has already cleared my walks.

When it's REALLY cold and the air bites at the inside of your lungs the air feels so clean and fresh. I'm sure part of it is our humidity is extremely low here year-round and that makes it feel so much better. Plus we have all the winter sports. Skiing, snowboarding, tubing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and sometimes I see people cross-country skiing in my neighborhood.

It may be my Norwegian genes because the people in my family feel the same way.

What a weirdo. :)

Winter, a nice a place to visit!
That's a true statement.
If i want to see snow, i can go up to Lake Tahoe, through the Sierra's, any time i would want too, as long as the highways aren't shut down.

1674081453220.jpeg

Used to like hot weather but these days I don't so much. Cooler weather feels better but freezing weather feels worst than it did before I got freakin old!!!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

I LOVE winter, but then again I live in S FL and this is the best time of year to work in the garage or out in the yard without breaking out if a full body sweat within 30 minutes.
Only problem is all the snowbirds are here so traffic is bad, everything is crowded and people are nasty. More reasons to stay home.

I gave up snowmobiling around 1985. I have hated winter ever since. It's a good time to get in garage time, that's about it. I don't like cold weather, I don't like shoveling the $%#@, I don't like driving in it, I don't like the chemicals they put on the roads that want to rust my daily driver. i could go on.

photo 1.JPG

IMG_20200204_0002.jpg

I’ve learned to live someplace where it freezes as it keeps the bugs and other poisonous reptiles at bay.

I love winter in South Carolina. It was 70 today. left that snow crap behind 9 years ago.

I love it. I love the crisp air. I love snow, although I do not go to work if they call off schools. I love to snowmobile, blow snow with the tractor, but most of all enjoying with the grand kids

Auto Transport Service
Back