• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I know I'll get ripped for this but I like winter.

Me to

8B4B1BB2-DD7A-42A2-B478-7BD8ABC03346.jpeg

OMG! I have two Newfoundland dogs and they love to roll in the snow until everything except their eyeballs and nose is covered.

I found this video.

I'm a winter person. I have a place in northren MI and plan my long weekends around the snow/storms. I think if i didn't put my car to bed for the winter months it wouldn't feel so good in the summer. summer is fun too.

I like snow in November to hunt on! I like to ice fish and snowmobile! As I get older a couple of months of that would be enough for me! Yeah and I live in Maine!

Im done shoveling and plowing already!

We haven’t had any snow in SE Pa. yet… And I’m OK with it. :D

True, I can't work on my car projects but that's okay. Hell, if I could work on them year-round I'd probably spend too much money.

Take this with the knowledge that I live on the Front Range of the Rockies and the snow can turn my area into a winter wonderland. It's snowing right now and I love storms. I also think the snow is beautiful. Most of our trees are conifers so they don't lose their leaves (needles) in the winter, which makes for Christmas card-like landscapes. Shoveling is kind of a bitch but it's good winter exercise. I refuse to give up valuable garage space for a snow blower. Most times if the snow is deep, some neighbor with a blower does the sidewalks anyway. In this particular storm, someone has already cleared my walks.

When it's REALLY cold and the air bites at the inside of your lungs the air feels so clean and fresh. I'm sure part of it is our humidity is extremely low here year-round and that makes it feel so much better. Plus we have all the winter sports. Skiing, snowboarding, tubing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and sometimes I see people cross-country skiing in my neighborhood.

It may be my Norwegian genes because the people in my family feel the same way.

Does ANYBODY else like winter?

Even without knowing you, the "genes" part was exactly what I was thinking while reading it.
Then you said it.

Monday's 2" s now is gone and my yard is bare again. The forecast through Monday still looks good here, although my place in NH is supposed to get a few inches tonight. By mid-March, we are generally done here and that's only 7 weeks away, although a lot can happen between now and then.

I love winter it's my downtime! we've had the kitchen sink! 1' of snow and then warm again,another 1' and rain, 4.5' of snow and then rain for 3 days and back to 1' of hard pack! 10'' ice on the lake so the fishing is good but the trails havn't opened up yet! I had the sled out for a couple passes and trips to the hut and a quick run up the swamp until i got to unbroken trail which I didn't feel like being the one finding the first downed log!I just put new ski's/carbides on $500. and spindles replaced last year from tree strength testing! hopefully some fresh snow today or tomorrow!just enough snow on the lake to cool the sled and make it fast!110mph best so far this year, who needs wheels to get your yaya's out!
20230114_154812[1].jpg

It’s a love - hate thing for me, playing in snow is fun but working in it tends to suck…
image.jpg

I just finished shoveling. I did the neighbor lady's driveway too. Once you get warmed up it's not too bad. I was thinking while I was shoveling. At our elevation, of 7500' I only mow the grass about 4 or 5 times a year so I guess it works out.

I just finished shoveling. I did the neighbor lady's driveway too. Once you get warmed up it's not too bad. I was thinking while I was shoveling. At our elevation, of 7500' I only mow the grass about 4 or 5 times a year so I guess it works out.
You do have beautiful country. I was never in Colorado, but I've been in Park City Utah and the winter wonderland is stunningly spectacular.

As they say here in NY, “If you don’t like the weather , just wait a few minutes “.

I lived in Michigan all my life and worked outside for the Railroad for 38 years.

Now I hate cold weather....

Since I retired 2005 the global warming thing has got so mild in Michigan.

There is very little snow any more... the bare ground isn't frozen in January??

We had heavy rain a couple days ago and the dogs came in with muddy feet.

but that's OK.... I dont have to shovel mud! :thumbsup:

I lived in Michigan all my life and worked outside for the Railroad for 38 years.

Now I hate cold weather....

Since I retired 2005 the global warming thing has got so mild in Michigan.

There is very little snow any more... the bare ground isn't frozen in January??

We had heavy rain a couple days ago and the dogs came in with muddy feet.

but that's OK.... I dont have to shovel mud! :thumbsup:
And all the while we're hitting record lows AND record highs and almost within the same week lol

We / They got snow

First time since before Christmas

85E01E8D-6A11-46DA-A698-C5F95E55659A.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back