• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I know I'll get ripped for this but I like winter.

It's snowing again right now and is supposed to go on for the next 24 hours. We are just supposed to get 1". It's very light, like the floaty snow at the beginning of the Gladiator movie.

It's funny, I graduated from KU, Kansas University. Most think of Kansas as flat. Lawrence, KS is very hilly. We had several snow days and MAN, I REALLY enjoyed sledding those snowy nights on campus. Great memories.

I probably skied Colorado just as much living in Kansas as I do living here. One thing you guys can do if your knees are bothering you. There's a tubing slope in Winter Park. It's just what it sounds like. You tube down the slope then there's a lift to bring you back up. As always, any of you or your family are welcome to stay here at my home. That goes for summer too. It's a day trip to most resorts in Summit County. Breckenridge, Winter Park, Arapahoe Basin, Keystone. Vail and Aspen are further west. Steamboat Springs is further north.

Last edited:
wife isn't liking winter!I found out friday evening just how far a sled will go at 100mph with no track on ice!about a 3 min. walk back to find it while calling a friend over at the hut to come with 6 wheeler to pick up the shrapnel!
It's okay honey just 2K! track,bulkhead heat exchanger would be 4K if I couldn't do it myself!

It’s a sickness…not much else to do in Northern WI this time of Year.
AFAE45F1-056B-4CDC-AEE0-D78E4FC0B407.jpeg
D27FB5F0-1068-4616-B419-F30E5F9C2331.jpeg

Trails are all closed here still
there's some open up in hearst and over by bancroft! if we could just get another 6" orillia to gravenhurst would be good for me! ,we have a good base but not enough for groomers to fill tributaries without scraping off the base, lakes are frozen!
I'm sure we'll get it this week my sled is in pieces till i find a tig to patch my heat exchanger,sled has 5 of them but needs them all! new one won't be here till 20th.

Trails are all closed here still
Currently two or three sleds in the water on Six Mile Lake. One person out, another under the ice they can't find... what are people thinking, especially on 6 Mile and it's current over the damn into the Pool.
2023-01-22-snowmobiles-through-ice-six-mile-lake2jpeg.jpeg

Last edited:
The only thing I like about winter is with the hot rods put away, it gives me a chance to save up some money all winter for spring purchases to break them back out for the summer.

the ice is not ready in many places yet especially anywhere near a dam - Hearst ,Cochrane have limited trails I usually go out my driveway down the road nothing yet I also ride in Orillia ,Minden , Barrie areas as well as other areas close by .

We’re in the midst of a 6-12 inch storm right now! Getting a little tired of it at this point. Just got last storms mess cleaned up!

I know quite a few people on 6 mile! hoping the outcome is good!it's not just damns, with all the rain and unusual warm days the runoff is causing highflows anywhere in the narrows! we have 10" ice in Welsh bay but still open water for 1/2 mile where the river enters sparrow!you need to know the area when running the ice!

Last edited:
IMG_2008[1].jpg
20230122_200457[1].jpg

the boys were out on cooch collecting perch sandwichs while I was wrenching, nothing changes even in winter!

My back yard this morning. We only got 2 - 2 1/2” here, but up north, there’s about a foot that came down.

EE7530ED-B1DA-4B2A-B21D-9FA6752CC0DA.jpeg

I have never had perch, I have heard they are better than walleye

Had a little snow Monday morning gone by the afternoon, Had a little snow yesterday and gone by the afternoon again. Not much of a winter here other than about 3-4 days a few weeks ago when it went to 2 degrees at night...

True, I can't work on my car projects but that's okay. Hell, if I could work on them year-round I'd probably spend too much money.

Take this with the knowledge that I live on the Front Range of the Rockies and the snow can turn my area into a winter wonderland. It's snowing right now and I love storms. I also think the snow is beautiful. Most of our trees are conifers so they don't lose their leaves (needles) in the winter, which makes for Christmas card-like landscapes. Shoveling is kind of a bitch but it's good winter exercise. I refuse to give up valuable garage space for a snow blower. Most times if the snow is deep, some neighbor with a blower does the sidewalks anyway. In this particular storm, someone has already cleared my walks.

When it's REALLY cold and the air bites at the inside of your lungs the air feels so clean and fresh. I'm sure part of it is our humidity is extremely low here year-round and that makes it feel so much better. Plus we have all the winter sports. Skiing, snowboarding, tubing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and sometimes I see people cross-country skiing in my neighborhood.

It may be my Norwegian genes because the people in my family feel the same way.

Does ANYBODY else like winter?
I agree with all of the above and I love driving in it but as I got older I decided to retire my snow shovel and move to Florida.

Auto Transport Service
Back