• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need a good carpet, recommends, haven’t bought one for a while

4mulas

Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score
I’m taking the carpet out of my road runner and putting it my Belvedere and need to replace the road runner carpet.

So, I need a good quality carpet for my 1969 road runner. Looking for OEM quality and loop pile etc... as factory correct as possible. Black in colour, 4 speed.

Any recommends as to where to get the best deal, shipped to with Montana, Washington, or Idaho.

Thank you!!

It’s going into the Q5 car after I put that one into the yellow cousin.. (I figured pictures in posts help get replies! :)

C0C31733-97A2-469D-82D8-C7AD6864F876.jpeg
26EB33F7-D67C-46FF-B7D2-C3CBA53C270E.jpeg

Your only choice is ACC carpet......You can order it direct and ask for a little extra for trimming.....Or from the vendors and you may be able to use a discount code to save on shipping....

Or you can buy it shipped flat from ECS.......
http://www.ecsautomotive.com/productdesc.php?co=c&id=68

ACC is the only manufacturer for classic Mopar's.......
https://www.accmats.com

Thank you for your reply. Is this the one sold by legendary and classic etc... then? Big price discrepancies between add factory direct (high price at factory, and around $100 less elsewhere) and other carpets I see on the market.

When you say they are the ‘only’ manufacturer of classic Mopar carpets I’m assuming that you mean the ‘only’ one to be considered with good enough quality and oem appearance. As in the the ‘others’ just don’t cut the mustard?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

I got an ACC carpet with the heavy mass backing ( thick rubber backing glued to back of carpet) for my 70 RR. Fit was excellent, I just laid it out in the sun for a few hours to let it settle into the pre-formed shape. Rock Auto was the cheapest I found online, plus I googled a coupon for them too. It all gets drop shipped from the ACC factory, so buy it from the cheapest website you can find that is reputable.

I got an ACC carpet with the heavy mass backing ( thick rubber backing glued to back of carpet) for my 70 RR. Fit was excellent, I just laid it out in the sun for a few hours to let it settle into the pre-formed shape. Rock Auto was the cheapest I found online, plus I googled a coupon for them too. It all gets drop shipped from the ACC factory, so buy it from the cheapest website you can find that is reputable.

Thanks for the tip. It’s borderline insane. The base 69 4spd road runner carpet in black is $273 from ACC
And is only $125 plus shipping (another 20 bucks) from Rock Auto. I know where I’m going to order from now. Thanks! Crazy difference in price!!!

Thanks for the tip. It’s borderline insane. The base 69 4spd road runner carpet in black is $273 from ACC
And is only $125 plus shipping (another 20 bucks) from Rock Auto. I know where I’m going to order from now. Thanks! Crazy difference in price!!!
:thumbsup: Glad to help. Here's a 5% coupon code. put it in the box that says " how did you hear about us" or something like that. " 111870246105606298"

Thank you for your reply. Is this the one sold by legendary and classic etc... then? Big price discrepancies between add factory direct (high price at factory, and around $100 less elsewhere) and other carpets I see on the market.

When you say they are the ‘only’ manufacturer of classic Mopar carpets I’m assuming that you mean the ‘only’ one to be considered with good enough quality and oem appearance. As in the the ‘others’ just don’t cut the mustard?

Thanks in advance for your reply!
They are the only ones with the correct look carpet and foot pad.......As far as "good quality" it serves the purpose just like all others.....UV exposure and usage decreases its life.....Best thing to do is use floor mats....

The majority of people order them from rock auto.....

Two suggestions on the purchasing of the carpet. The first one is to purchase from a vendor who moves a lots of volume. The reason that I say that is that the carpet is rolled up and placed into a box for shipping and storage. If your viewing a box of carpet, you can actually see the manufacture date of the carpet from the label that ACC places onto the box. A box of carpet that has set for a number of months or years will not go in as well as a fresh carpet.

That is my second point, as soon as the carpet arrives, lay the carpet out so that it is not all crumpled up in the box. That is why I tell customers to order the carpet approximately three to five days of the installation time frame. As a vendor for ACC, I know that in general, the carpet is ready to be shipped in less than two days from the time that the order is sent in. Allowing for the UPS delivery window for your location, this will make your installation much easier to complete.

Do you find the mass backing makes a difference in sounds and or heat like they claim? Trying to decide if it’s worth the extra cash? I’m going to order today and would appreciate your input!

Do you find the mass backing makes a difference in sounds and or heat like they claim? Trying to decide if it’s worth the extra cash? I’m going to order today and would appreciate your input!
It definitely reduced some road noise. Not sure about heat, since car had no AC, it was always warm in the summer.

My last ACC carpet order from Rock Auto was drop shipped right from ACC. Can’t get much fresher than that.

Not sure how or why Rock Auto is selling the ACC stuff at such a low price. I’m not complaining, it’s just a head scratcher.

My ACC rep told me that they on average, will ship 14 trailer loads of carpet out each day via UPS. That is a lots of carpet going out the door. They run around the clock. So when an order gets in before 5 PM, it is cut to the desired shape on that shift, the next shift will mold the carpet and then it is boxed and ready for shipping in less than 24 hours of the order being received.

Most of us equate ACC with providing carpet for our old cars. That is only a small percentage of their production volume.

So I would imagine that Rock Auto and some of the larger supply houses is able to sell it so cheap due to the volume levels and they basically drop ship everything without even touching the product.

My ACC rep told me that they on average, will ship 14 trailer loads of carpet out each day via UPS. That is a lots of carpet going out the door. They run around the clock. So when an order gets in before 5 PM, it is cut to the desired shape on that shift, the next shift will mold the carpet and then it is boxed and ready for shipping in less than 24 hours of the order being received.

Most of us equate ACC with providing carpet for our old cars. That is only a small percentage of their production volume.

So I would imagine that Rock Auto and some of the larger supply houses is able to sell it so cheap due to the volume levels and they basically drop ship everything without even touching the product.
Those daily numbers are mind boggling.......14 trailer loads of all types, Wow!

Those daily numbers are mind boggling.......14 trailer loads of all types, Wow!

That is a lot, WOW!!!

But I betcha that over 1/2 of those orders will be landing at someone's resident where the box of carpeting will sit for years in their garage/basement/storage. Eventually they will lose interest or run out of money and they sell off their project car. Then new interested project car buyer gets new carpet because the old new carpet is too old for their liking. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The thing about ACC is that they are now the only player in that market now for replacement carpet sets. All of us equate the old car hobby to a large economy as we spend thousands of dollars to restore these old cars. But in the grand scheme of things, the restoration market place is still a very small niche market for these large manufactures.

The rep told me that the old car market may be less than 15% for cars 30 years old or older. All of these detail shops that prep cars for used car lots and auctions will replace a soiled or smelly carpet set in relatively new cars to move it down the road.

It was also interesting in that he said that the import and tuner market was quickly becoming a larger market for them. Just look at the website and check out some of the colors that they are offering.

Also, ACC does the vast majority of the aftermarket carpet style floor mats along with the trunk mats for the automotive industry.

Thankfully, the hobby has a loyal contributor like ACC that has been around for many years and from working with them on several projects, the guys in the spots that matter are true car guys that are here to help when they can.

Auto Transport Service
Back