• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need an Answer to this important Question! Please Help!

Damm auto correct... PSA...Public Serv Announcement
Removal requires encapsulation and air scrubbers... a small job like a liner I'm not sure how they would do it. Federal law requires ownership of it too....
Hahaha, Autocorrect: makes So many mistakes. Thanks for the lead Friend!

Now what's my lawyer's phone number?! I go along with KK and the others. If you dealt with it inadvertently you have problems.
Yep, and I've got No experience. But im also going to have to scratch the money together to pay for getting it removed. Best case scenario, Hopefully: it just isnt asbestos period. Hahaha, Thanks!

Asbestosis/mesothelioma are caused by over exposure over a period of time.
If you are that worried about it buy a sample kit and send of for testing. Abatement is probably unnecessary as I've never heard of it being in jute
I would be more worried about the chemicals used in /on our cars...not counting all of the gas fumes we have inhaled over the years.

I just mean that way back we blew off the dust with air(brakes,clutches) and never thought anything about it. Headliner&such I wouldn't think has any asbestos in it.

If you are that worried about it buy a sample kit and send of for testing. Abatement is probably unnecessary as I've never heard of it being in jute
I would be more worried about the chemicals used in /on our cars...not counting all of the gas fumes we have inhaled over the years.
Exactly we used to kneel right behind the bumper while filling up a gazillion cars and never thought about it.

If ur worried put a mask on and have at it. I usually put on a mask when up in the attic with all the fiberglass insulation.

You're not gonna like the price for asbestos abatement, it's not anywhere near cheap!

DIY test kits are less than $50 if you really need to know. Check your local rules and method of disposal.

Thanks for the Advice. Ive seen So many asbestos commercials over the years... Never did any real research until i first looked up one of my favorite actors: Steve Mcqueen and saw that he was killed from it. He was digging it out of the lining if ships in his stint of service... Years later when i discovered it could be in the headliner along with the "one fiber=asbestosis" i was paranoid stiff and almost scared shitless thinking about the "possibility". This helps to put my mind at rest, Thank you for the advice Friend! Thanks!

Thanks for the Advice. Ive seen So many asbestos commercials over the years... Never did any real research until i first looked up one of my favorite actors: Steve Mcqueen and saw that he was killed from it. He was digging it out of the lining if ships in his stint of service... Years later when i discovered it could be in the headliner along with the "one fiber=asbestosis" i was paranoid stiff and almost scared shitless thinking about the "possibility". This helps to put my mind at rest, Thank you for the advice Friend! Thanks!

Exactly we used to kneel right behind the bumper while filling up a gazillion cars and never thought about it.

If ur worried put a mask on and have at it. I usually put on a mask when up in the attic with all the fiberglass insulation.
Hahaha, Thanks! Yep i remember the good ol days when gas was pumped by an attendant, Yep You're Exactly Right: breathing in the fumes of gas with lead. Wow! I've got a Lot of respect to people like you who worked around dangers in the workplace, Thumbs Up to you!

Auto Transport Service
Back