• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Need Some Idea's?

69a100

Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
I'm spending some coin I don't have but I needed to get rid of the Pop-Up vent that was on my van, as the left coast sun would cook the plastic and I'd have to put a new one in every 2-3 years. Glad that's done as I hated it! I'm surprised by the fact that the patch panel I cut out of a Junker happened to be the same popular color on these.
I have some left over paint from when I painted it like 10+ yrs. ago, it appears to be in good shape but I'm sure I'd have to scrap the bottom out of the can to get the pigment all mixed in. I wonder if it would be a good match or would the be a line being old and off? Or should I just buy a can of white and hope it's close enough as no one would really see it unless they get up there to look.
I'm thinking body color on top, but like the break up of the white. And the whit doesn't really make any cooler with the motor right next to you. Here's some pics. I know, lot's of pinholes but that's what the surface enhancer is for.
627.JPG
P8120220.JPG
P8120221.JPG
P8120223.JPG
P8120224.JPG

FWIW, you'll see a difference. Me, I'd grind/fill/feather/block the patch, epoxy prime... D.A. the whole roof & shoot single stage white urethane. That is a fine-lookin van. I like the white hat. My question is, what you gonna do inside ?

Cool van, I would probably just get a couple of quarts of urethane paint in the colors you need. I see a little rust starting on the top, so before it gets worse you can protect it.

Keep the white and being on a budget, buy some krylon spray paint to keep it from rusting, inside and out.

Nice looking van!

Do you have any extra "Dodge" door emblems you want to sell?

I like the white hat. My question is, what you gonna do inside ?
I kinda like the white myself, would kinda like to see what it'd look like being turquoise. The inside is done, KISS principle in play in the back. Plus the other rust on top has been cleaned up and that has been put into check. I just wish I knew what shade of white was used up there? No one will really see it so I guess if it's slightly off doesn't matter as much?
Nice looking van!
Do you have any extra "Dodge" door emblems you want to sell?
I think I might, not sure? I'd have to dig in my box of parts. How many you looking for?
AND, Thanks for the plug Kiwi.

That's the plan! Just throwin feelers out.

Been thinkin here, and I know that's dangerous. I do have to paint the inside where it was repaired, and like I said. I'll see how bad of a match it is on the inside and then judge from there weather to do the outside white or not. The $h!t ain't cheap either, but I did find that Valspar make a Tractor/Implement paint that's like a 1/3 of the cost of Auto paint.
But feel free to throw out ideas.

I would definitely suggest painting the inside or at the very least sealing it up.

Not sure on the Farm implement paint...I wouldnt see why not, but at 1/3 of the price you may just get what you pay for.

Do you have Ace Hardware out there in Kommiefornia? they make a great rattle can product with a nice fan spray.

Been thinkin here, and I know that's dangerous. I do have to paint the inside where it was repaired, and like I said. I'll see how bad of a match it is on the inside and then judge from there weather to do the outside white or not. The $h!t ain't cheap either, but I did find that Valspar make a Tractor/Implement paint that's like a 1/3 of the cost of Auto paint.
But feel free to throw out ideas.
I have a buddy and has painted 3-4 cars with paint he has found at Tractor Supply...he swears by it... The plus side its on the top of a van... Not many inspectors up that high...like the white too!

Screw paint. What are The Clambakes like in that thing?

tumblr_nae5utzOpv1ssc2uyo1_400.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back