• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I saw THIS at my local grocery store Friday:

I think most people here have these american made muscle cars because they are a reminder of our youth. Our heritage. They're cars we dreamed of as kids. And worked our butts off to afford, as our first car. For some, our family members worked for ma Mopar, and it was a given to have a Mopar, as a family car. There's a lot more to this, than the total value of an assembled pile of parts.

I'd flip that Ferrari so fast the engine wouldn't even get a chance to cool off.
Take da money....
And do Mopar things with it.

I think most people here have these american made muscle cars because they are a reminder of our youth. Our heritage. They're cars we dreamed of as kids. And worked our butts off to afford, as our first car. For some, our family members worked for ma Mopar, and it was a given to have a Mopar, as a family car. There's a lot more to this, than the total value of an assembled pile of parts.
Yeah I agree - I’ll still take the Ferrari.....

There was a time some years back when there as a Ferrari for sale near me (Portland) for like $60K; it looked like a very nice car and I got to thinking that "if" I sold off my Viper and perhaps one of my muscle cars I could buy the Ferrari. I was thinking pretty hard about it convincing myself that I needed an "exotic" in the shop. Three things happened that made me change my mind;

1. When I was visiting a guy who was/is a huge Mopar guy and has a lot money I was looking at one of his shops and he had/has 3 gen II Vipers. I mentioned that I had a 01 GTS ACR but that I was thinking of "maybe" selling it and buying a Ferrari; he looked at me and said he once had owned a Ferrari as well as a Lambo and that while they were cool cars the Vipers were far better because you could actually work on them with normal tools the same as any other car whereas with the European cars this was not the case.

2. I was watching Car Fix and they had a Ferrari 458 Spyder in and were going to change some belts and do a basic tune up; they had to REMOVE the engine to do it....

3. I went and looked at my Challenger, Cuda, Viper, 10 PCP 6 spd Challenger and then a picture of a Ferrari and while the Ferrari is definitely cool, it doesn't compare overall and I could not bring myself to sell any of them

I saw this at the local theater last week.. I do love it...

IMG_1136.JPG

That hand built Ferrari like all exotic Italians have one of a kind parts and the import fees on them are extremely expensive if they can be had at all. Looked into a Maserati in need of an engine years ago. The price of the car was not bad and after doing diligent research on replacing the engine it did not take long to figure out why the car was priced the way it was. The owner just wanted it gone.

I’d have plenty of money and trade it in every three years for a new one. What the heck. Those that own them don’t generally worry about money. I’m not debating the ridiculous cost of,these things. I’m simply saying if money was no object I’d take the pasta machine.... Who wouldn’t?

Listen to them next to a Hellcat. See those guys at car shows riding the **** out of the clutch.
Exotics. Meh.

We get a lot of exotics out my way, especially spring/summer. I saw a couple of Ferraris today and a Lamborghini yesterday. I have several Bugatti sightings per year. Ages ago I remember seeing a 'strange' looking car for the first time and when I followed up it turned out to be a new a Veyron. I could hardly believe what it cost! It is not uncommon to run across various car clubs touring in the area & I sometimes fall in line and tag along for a time. No one has seemed bothered by that so far.

I saw this at the hardware store this morning and thought it was pretty cool:
02E26974-11C6-419D-AF33-84C587DC5B0B.jpeg
3BAFEA0C-D804-4212-A9C9-8881660BC221.jpeg

I have a picture somewhere of the Charger parked by a Ferarri at Dean & Deluca's (since gone under). That is/was kind of a grocery store, right?

:lol:
No it's in my shoe.
I didn't want to mention ''shoe'' because I think that may be illegal. Anyway if she catches you she may just jab one of those heels in your eye, then you'll know it.
Oh, and when you take these pictures...make sure the flash is OFF.

Last edited:
What's with the Wal Mart references? I don't shop there...

There's a Ferarri dealership down the street from me, so I see all the different models all the time. The coolest car they had in the showroom lately was a (Adam West) Batmobile.

About 15 years ago on a supercar driving day with my dad I drove a Lamborghini Murcielago, 6.2 litre V12, 570hp, 6 speed manual, rear wheel drive. It was a blast, amazing acceleration and sounded so good. Then I drove a Ferrari F355, flat plane crank V8, 375hp at about 8,000 rpm. It was fast for sure but very thin on torque and not that satisfying. The Acura NSX was better, as was the Porsche Boxster S. Funny thing is though, I still rate my mopar as feeling just as fun as those other cars, just in a different way, and it sounds as good as any of them!

Auto Transport Service
Back