• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I scored a 68 Charger hood and fenders tonight!

chargervert

Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
I picked up a nice clean straight rust free 68 Charger hood,and a clean straight pair of 68 Charger fenders tonight. One fender appears to have been fixed on the lower dog leg,but the other is super clean. They have no other repairs or rust,and the tips of the fenders where they surround the grille are straight and steel. Not full of bondo like most 68 69 Charger fenders are. The three pieces weren't cheap at $500 a piece for the three pieces, but I am very pleased with them. I have a 68 Charger that needs a nose,so these will fit the bill perfectly!

20230109_215651.jpg

20230109_215646.jpg

20230109_215634.jpg

20230109_215630.jpg

Good for you! I had no idea how hard it is to find some of this stuff when I came back from the dark side.

I have a nice grille for the car and the front valance pan. I have the bumper brackets, I just have to buy a front bumper and the nose will be complete! I am very happy about rounding up the missing pieces!

Congratulations! Man you picked them up locally? If so what a bonus!

Congratulations! Man you picked them up locally? If so what a bonus!
I found a nice70 Charger that had all the metal work done on it for my friend and these 68 Charger fenders and hood were on the car. The guy had the correct 70 Charger fenders and hood also, so these were extra parts.

I think the 68 R/T Charger is one of the few cars that make me wish I held out before getting my Coronet. That, and the 66 Hemi Coronet that was for sale down in Hemet CA.

I don’t need an extra 440, it needs to find a new home.

Your fender and hood score is excellent though!
Everybody needs an extra 440! Especially with Moroso valve covers and HP manifolds. Maybe that's my R/T's missing engine.

It is worth checking. My friend has a 70 Charger N code 383 car. The car had a 66 383 in it from a Chrysler Newport in it. He answered a Craigslist ad for a 1970 383 HP engine,and it turned out to be his matching numbers engine. He couldn't pay the guy fast enough,and had a differcult time hiding his excitement!

When I bought the 68 Charger it had a 69 nose on it,that nose is going on the white 69 Charger under the blue 68 Charger.

This is the 68 Charger when I bought it. It had a decent 69 nose on it,and the grille and fenders were in really good shape.

20200823_091337.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back