• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i think i'm in love

Now that I look at it, I don't believe ANY claim that it's original paint. Everything looks shinier than factory single-stage, including the wheel tubs in the trunk.

The radiator black-out area is also way too uniform. Factory car would have been an ugly mess of haphazardly-directed black paint with overspray. Trunk jack stowage sticker looks beyond perfect - not even the one in my 22k Valiant looks that good.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but did they hand-paint the pinstriping on these originally? Because this thing has vinyl pinstriping.

-Kurt

Here's a picture showing the bottom of the left rear quarter, valance and corner cap from the blue 70 Charger that the seller sent me & the same picture of my silver 68 which is a rust free car. Notice the difference...

quarter2.jpg

quaRTER 1.jpg

Besides the obvious difference of the factory spot welds not being there, notice the filled in seam where the cap meets the rear valance and most importantly, the panel that sits behind the valance appears to be MIA.

Last edited:
Looks like it's been fed filler food and a thick paint job. Interesting that they pounded the tangs on the dropoffs over the quarter lip too.

Undercoating is also perfectly masked off.

-Kurt

85k for incorrect panel replacement/finish work is searching for the moon with no rocket ship....

Just from that underside shot I can only imagine what the rest looks like....

The price shot up to $40,100.00 pretty quickly with 43 bids, but it has now stalled. My guess is that it won't go much higher, especially if bidders look carefully at the pictures he sends or take the time to see the car in person. But, it is a no-reserve auction and it's going to get sold, unless the seller yanks the ad.

One other thing that the seller said to me over the weekend was that he didn't have a lift to take pictures of the underside, but one of the pictures he sent to me clearly shows the car sitting on a 4-post lift and that makes him a liar.

RC great job on your research and informing potential buyers:thumbsup:

Those bids could be buddies etc......

Auto Transport Service
Back