• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i think i'm in love

corners look separate to me hmmm
18.JPG

This is how it should be; not filled in....

32-418x350.jpg

Beautiful car for sure, I wish I still had mine. Back in the 80's I had a 70 R/T v code 4 speed Charger, bronze with tan interior, not the prettiest combo but I loved that car.
Curious to see what this one sells for.

Beautiful car. I remember a rt/se like this one for sale in about '84 on a used car lot. They were asking a whopping 5k for it. That seemed crazy priced, yet I always wondered what happened to that car.
One thing that always gets to me, is this car, like about 70% of mopars out there has the wrong brake master cylinder on it.

schweeet

I'd role in it...
Love me some gen 2 Chargers...
I couldn't buy it...

you mean the bumper is pushed up too close to the valance/lights?

also, the trunk lid seems skewed. drivers' side corner bent down and lower than pass side.

Where the valance meets the corner cap, there should not be a filled in seam. You can see it pretty good on th 68 picture.

Brilliant observation by the talented astute R.C. I think anyone would be making a mistake buying this car sight unseen

I talked with the seller and he is insisting that it's all original paint, but that rear valance is a dead giveaway that it isn't. He sent me a couple pictures and I also see a bolt in front of the battery tray that should be bare, but is painted blue. It's still a very nice car, but the owner's answers to questions and lack of detailed pictures in the ad and what I have requested is very concerning to me.

RC your way out of my league and if i ever want a car were I'm going to spend big dollars (mopar) your my go to guy.....All i know is this. Back in the mid eighties i had some dealings with a guy who owned a small body shop. I knew the guy but we were not best buddies. He got his hands on a 65 Mustang Convert. I don't recall if it had any rust issues but it was banged up pretty good.... Some time later i saw the most straight beautiful Mustang Conv. The car had a super bright perfect red lacquer paint job. It was that Mustang and when i remarked how beautiful it was,the guy just laughed. It was all full of plastic.... This body guy was really talented,his paint work was great as well as metal and body work but he was a hustler and a buck was a buck especially when it was in his pocket..... Point being RC pointed out something that would make me suspicious. Could be a false alarm but id rather be on the safe side and see and go over this car in person

I've gotten some more pictures from the seller and it's clear that (at least) the exterior and engine compartment have been repainted. I'm almost certain that the rear quarters (or parts of them) have been replaced and possibly the rear valance. He is insisting that the car is 100% original, including the paint and that the engine hasn't been out of the car, but things just don't add up. Either he is a BS artist or he's completely ignorant.

I wonder how long he's owned the car. If not an extensive time period - he probably bought it and got stiffed himself and now is trying to unload it with the same story.

I was thinking he's probably/possibly just a "flipper" also...

Auto Transport Service
Back