• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I wondered if EVs posed a greater risk to pedestrians.

SteveSS

Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
This is what my research dug up.

Studies have shown that the quiet nature of electric vehicles is a risk factor for these collisions. The NHTSA found that electric vehicles are 37% more likely to cause pedestrian collisions and 57% more likely to cause bicycle collisions than vehicles that use louder combustion engines.

I remember when I was a kid and switched over from bicycles to motorcycles I didn't realize how much I was using my ears to identify cars behind me. I made some bad maneuvers because I simply didn't hear the car behind me.

There has also been proof that self driving cars don't recognize black people as easily as light skinned people and the darker skinned people were more likely to be hit by these cars.

More racism. They are a pia, I’ve been surprised by them moving unexpectedly and I’m kinda on the lighter side.

Auto Transport Service
Back