• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Idaho Execution Stopped after Eight Attempts

khryslerkid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score
Idaho on Wednesday halted the execution of serial killer Thomas Eugene Creech, one of the longest-serving death row inmates in the US, after a medical team repeatedly failed to find a vein where they could establish an intravenous line to carry out the lethal injection.

Creech, 73, was imprisoned in 1974 and has been convicted of five murders in three states and suspected of several more. He was already serving life in prison when he beat a fellow inmate, 22-year-old David Dale Jensen, to death in 1981 – the crime for which Creech was to be executed more than four decades later.

Idaho halts man’s execution after eight attempts to find vein for lethal injection

Put him in front of a firing squad made up of victims families should take care of it.

On a side note, on death row for more than 40 years ? WTF ??????

The state only gets one try at execution. It was an Act of God they were not successful. He'll serve a life sentence now.

Along with an all volunteer incompetent medical team, I bet he was coached to dehydrate himself before the proceedings.

If I'd already spent forty years behind bars & the only options were the rest of my life behind bars or death by injection & someone told me to dehydrate so my veins would be hard to locate I would be pounding water.....

Not to difficult to determine an alternative …… Shot while escaping … Whoops

Last edited:
Wet sponge on the head

Positive electrode connect to the steel cap strapped firmly around his chin

Negative electrode connected to a 10-ohm wire wound resistor, rated to 100 Amps, on a spring-loaded clamp tightly gripping his plums.

Switch on and enjoy the fireworks that only 10,000 Volts can generate.

:poke:

The prison should do a press release claiming the prisoner knows stuff about the Clintons.

Wet sponge on the head

Positive electrode connect to the steel cap strapped firmly around his chin

Negative electrode connected to a 10-ohm wire wound resistor, rated to 100 Amps, on a spring-loaded clamp tightly gripping his plums.

Switch on and enjoy the fireworks that only 10,000 Volts can generate.

:poke:
I don’t think “Ole Sparky” is legal here any longer….. Too bad, it made for some really good 4th of July memes…..

Where's Merv Griffin when you need him?

Last edited:
I can understand that perspective.

However.

Said criminal has clearly decided not to live by the rules of civilized society. Why should we, the citizens of said society, feed, house, and clothe said criminal for decades upon decades?

We, are being (financially) punished for their crimes.

Put them out of our misery. Give them a decent headstone - marble is still cheaper than half a century of 3 hots and a cot....

The Death penalty is only the death penalty when the direction of the court is carried through as directed.

Inmates sentenced to death, sitting on death row for decades is not the death penalty. It is simply a better cell and a financial burden on law abiding citizens. The cost per inmate to house on death row is nearly double what it cost to house on a general population housing unit. For three decades the only inmate executed in PA, was one that requested it in 1998 (give or take, aging memory) and yet the Commonwealth claims to have the death penalty. Personally, I don't care if PA has it or not, but if the court renders that decision, it should be carried out. IMO

I can understand that perspective.

However.

Said criminal has clearly decided not to live by the rules of civilized society. Why should we, the citizens of said society, feed, house, and clothe said criminal for decades upon decades?

We, are being (financially) punished for their crimes.

Put them out of our misery. Give them a decent headstone - marble is still cheaper than half a century of 3 hots and a cot....
0. Thank you, hard to ask for more.
1. I refuse to play God.
2. The "clearly" is not clear to me, they may have a brain tumor, etc.
3. "Why should we?" Because we ARE civilized and proven to make mistakes.
4. We actually MIGHT be being punished for causing their defectiveness decades earlier, ie lead, abuse in church, bullying, etc, the list potentially is rather long.
5. Regarding "misery", see #1.

I have no expectations that anyone needs to agree with me here, but I will gladly make my case when I meet my maker, others hopefully will have the same chance.

What a bunch of bs. Strap him down, cinch a trash bag over his head, then leave the room. Can't believe the level of incompetence these days for even the simplest of tasks. The guy killed 5 or 6 people. He doesn't deserve anything better.

Auto Transport Service
Back