• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Idaho State Police Aren’t Good With The Electric Dodge Charger

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score

What are they, technophobes?​

When Dodge executives decided to transition away from gasoline-powered Chargers, they might not have stopped to consider how law enforcement agencies might react. While some in the Bay Area might buy a few to get applause from the public, more will likely have the same reaction as Idaho State Police, which is looking to move from the Dodge brand to something else.

After seeing this maybe police departments will go for the Toyota Prius.

Idaho State Police do use the Ford Explorer and F-Series, but the Dodge Charger has been its mainstay. While it’s possible it will switch to all crossovers and pickup trucks, there’s a good chance the agency will find an alternative sedan to the Charger.

95f58f701bc6221db051cf191c0bf5db

With American automakers deciding nobody buys cars these days, despite that being an obviously false conclusion, so law enforcement agencies might be forced to go with a foreign brand. That could give Toyota the chance to make a pursuit-rated Camry, a dream we’ve always had (that’s a joke). Other possibilities include the Nissan Altima, Mazda3, Hyundai Sonata, that one ugly Kia, or a Volkswagen Passat (that’s a joke too – the Passat itself, that is).

9bd3ecfd289d2867f0b52bc226b6b26e

Police departments with larger budgets and an image to maintain might opt for something like a BMW 540i or Mercedes-Benz E450. Criminals – sorry, suspects – will love the soft leather seats and massage feature as they’re carted off to jail for processing. After all, it’s only tax dollars they’re spending.

204f29e2149c9391470ea55c08bd3a95

Ultimately, Idaho State Police and other law enforcement agencies might settle on the 2025 Dodge Charger after Dodge comes to its senses once it loses big time market share with the all-electric Charger. That’s just a guess, but we can totally see it happening.

Source: CBS2

Maybe some LE will have to resort to corporate sponsorship like the Reno Sheriff's Department.

1661735715976.png

When Dodge executives decided to transition away from gasoline-powered Chargers, they might not have stopped to consider how law enforcement agencies might react. While some in the Bay Area might buy a few to get applause from the public, more will likely have the same reaction as Idaho State Police, which is looking to move from the Dodge brand to something else.

Idaho State Police do use the Ford Explorer and F-Series, but the Dodge Charger has been its mainstay. While it’s possible it will switch to all crossovers and pickup trucks, there’s a good chance the agency will find an alternative sedan to the Charger.

95f58f701bc6221db051cf191c0bf5db

With American automakers deciding nobody buys cars these days, despite that being an obviously false conclusion, so law enforcement agencies might be forced to go with a foreign brand. That could give Toyota the chance to make a pursuit-rated Camry, a dream we’ve always had (that’s a joke). Other possibilities include the Nissan Altima, Mazda3, Hyundai Sonata, that one ugly Kia, or a Volkswagen Passat (that’s a joke too – the Passat itself, that is).

9bd3ecfd289d2867f0b52bc226b6b26e

Police departments with larger budgets and an image to maintain might opt for something like a BMW 540i or Mercedes-Benz E450. Criminals – sorry, suspects – will love the soft leather seats and massage feature as they’re carted off to jail for processing. After all, it’s only tax dollars they’re spending.

204f29e2149c9391470ea55c08bd3a95

Ultimately, Idaho State Police and other law enforcement agencies might settle on the 2025 Dodge Charger after Dodge comes to its senses once it loses big time market share with the all-electric Charger. That’s just a guess, but we can totally see it happening.

I don't think you deserved the big red X for
the post.
To be a little abstract here...
440 is 220 twice.
EV's cannot compete with the
conveniences of ICE vehicles.
Simple logistics apply.
* Charging stations @ apartment buildings
or hi-rises where there might be as many
as 600 (est) vehicles that need charging.
* Electrical infrastructure is wiped out for
two weeks after a cat 5 hurricane.
* Extreme temperature highs and lows
that inhibit an EV from operating at it's
fullest potential.
* Many homes/private dwellings don't have
driveways or garages and park in the
street next to the curb. With charging
stations in this scenario, electrical supply
to a specified charger will take forever.
Not to mention that parking is allowed
only on one side of the street, so those
yards will have two charging stations
that grace their front yards.
* Repair shops and car dealerships will
require multiple charging stations as well
as first responders, and public transit.

With all this going on, I guess it's a boon
for electricians. Also a good time to
invest in copper and aluminum.
This transition isn't going to happen
overnight, but will take many years to
complete. In the meantime, those suckered
into an EV purchase will be limited in
their travels, and desperation as they
seek a power source.

Last edited:

95f58f701bc6221db051cf191c0bf5db.jpg

9bd3ecfd289d2867f0b52bc226b6b26e.jpg

204f29e2149c9391470ea55c08bd3a95.jpg

[/URL]

they might do like Tulsa , and go with the cheapest bid for new vehicles....

New Zealand Police have transitioned to Skoda.....from Holden, as the Holden plants have all closed in Australia now.

I tell ya what....damned if I want to be chased by a Skoda.....they are pretty fast.

1692213967867.png

Of course the Woke Brigade had to invent new words in Mowree to plaster all over the cars. :rolleyes: Seems that there were no such words in their vocabulary going back more than 100 years.

New Zealand Police have transitioned to Skoda.....from Holden, as the Holden plants have all closed in Australia now.

I tell ya what....damned if I want to be chased by a Skoda.....they are pretty fast.

View attachment 1510614

Of course the Woke Brigade had to invent new words in Mowree to plaster all over the cars. :rolleyes: Seems that there were no such words in their vocabulary going back more than 100 years.
Does it say Pininfarina? Not to be confused with Dennis Farina.:lol:

Germany is interesting regarding police cars. They go with the regional manufacturer - If you're in the Wolfsburg area, you're gonna see Volkswagen cop cars. In Ingolstadt, you'll find Audi. Munich? BMW. Stuttgart? You're gonna see Porsche cop cars...which is really cool, to me!

In the Netherlands, I saw Volvo and even DAF police cars. Back in the early '90s, both companies built cars there.

I don't care what they drive, but they should all be black and white, large LE markings, and visible lights on the roofs.

Who is going to work on those electrical cars. Here it is better to buy a new one than buy the batteries to be replaced. The main thing is with my age and being forgetful. Can't remember anything would get in the car and take off and end up walking because I DID NOT CHARGE IT UP!!!!!!!!! :mob:

The early model Skoda might have said "Pinit on your apron" :p

Going back 30 years or so there were two things you never wanted your mates see you get out the back of..... a sheep or a Skoda. :lol:
My first time seeing a Skoda was around 1970 in Switzerland... Not a very good looking car... Kinda like the one pictured below... And unfortunately the girls weren't with it...

skoda_440_1955_images_1_b.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back