• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identified my 66........

mmissile

Local time
7:23 AM
Reaction score
jpfzbm.jpg

2ajclr4.jpg

Cool pics! I noticed the case of Schlitz, I don't think I've seen that since the early 70s when the old man use to drink it...

Mike have you decided on a color yet? Also did they cut the center out of the k member and box it in??? Haven't seen that before...

That's a highly-modified, factory k-frame. I haven't decided on a color, yet. I have plenty of time to do that. I gotta finish 3 other projects, first.

fantastic 66 post car i also own a 67 bel 1 2 dr sedan these post cars are getting harder to find and dont forget they were a low production car s keep up the good work mopar joe jackson nj 08527

is that a satin paint finish or will it be buffed n polished?

looks tough either way. nice ride.

That car looks familiar to me, are the front srut bars hidden behind the inner fender sheet metal ? Does it have a cert. Moly cage ?

Watermelon....The car is in primer. Cornpicker....you probably know the car...and my cars always have the front bars hidden.

Last edited:
Any pics of the inside with the door open ? Did that car originally come out of Chicago ? Did Sean Dornan own that car ? Great looking car ! I love it !

Yup, yup, and yup. Thanks!...........

24qtj5g.jpg

It's the only time I've bought a used/new racecar, that meets my build standards. Some very talented people worked on it.

Last edited:
I'm glad it meets your standard, I did the tubing work in that car @ my shop in Huron, Oh. Can't wait to see you out with it running, I've always loved the Super Stock cars. If you need anything from me don't hesitate to contact, Good Luck, Frank

I figured you had something to do with the work on the car. EXCELLENT WORK!!

I'm gathering parts, and looking for a reasonable painter. Mine was the best I've known, but passed away in March.
This car will look great parked with my WO car. I don't which will be raced, or which will be a streeter.

35jh7bl.jpg

That's excellent.
I suggest Citron Gold for a 66 Belvedere because it's a color that can be endlessly argued about.
Is it brown or is it green, yes.

Thanks. The car was originally "bronze"...which is gold. LOL...same issue.

If I remember correctly it had a tan headliner in it, that he had just installed at the upholstry shop before he asked me to install the cage. That made it more difficult as I did not want to burn or expose to much to heat. I think triple BLACK with the tan/buckskin interior would look killer !

It would be great...but, I'd rather look at other people's black stuff. Too hard to keep clean, and very hot.

The headliner thing is funny. You either get bitched at by the welder, or the guy who has to install the headliner around a correctly built cage.

Black is beautiful but I learned my lesson, way to much up keep...
Since everyone is throwing out colors I'll put my .02 in... Off white w/ red interior....

Killer work Cornpicker!

Mike, Who did the work on the silver Coronet ? Any more pics ? great looking car, sits just right !

Auto Transport Service
Back