• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identify these Chrome Big Block valve covers

steve817

Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
photo-2.jpgphoto 2.jpg Hello, I am looking for the exact year and use for these bib block mopar chrome valve covers. I have a set of the 67 440 chrome valve covers which are not the same. Also, the 68-69 Formula S chrome valve covers are different as well. Can someone please help identify these. Thanks, Steve

IIRC, you could also get those through Direct Connection......now Mopar Performance.

Thanks for the replies guys. That means that these were sold around the 70's as aftermarket big block covers from Mopar Performance. All factory 70 and newer covers were painted engine color and had the appropriate tabs, oil breather holes, etc. The question now is: Are they worth 60 bucks? Chrome is in good shape, has a few dents. Overall clean inside. Your continued advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve

They have the newer oil cap and connections, but who cares? For 60.00 very few people would even know. I would use them.

IIRC, you could also get those through Direct Connection......now Mopar Performance.

Exactly. Just DC catalog items from the 80's to maybe early 90's. Late 70's parts out of the bin and chromed.

I run those same covers on my '70. Bought them new in 1998, had 'em de-chromed and painted up engine colour....looks like the real deal now.
Only did that because the real steel originals were as rare as Rocking-horse dung, and very expensive at that time.

Auto Transport Service
Back