• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Idler Arm Question

ScottVA

Local time
6:36 AM
Reaction score
After having success removing the pitman arm, I read where it is a good idea to replace the idler arm at the same time. The problem is that the idler arm sits in a "saddle" if you will, and I cannot get a pickle fork to it. How do you remove it? The car is a 65 Belvy. Thanks once again for the help. ScottVA

Can't help you with the mechanics -- but if you would like NEW AMERICAN - made IDLER & PITMAN Arms --
I'm your man..................

Last one I removed I screwed the nut on it and pounded it up with a hammer.

The original type would have been held in with a bolt on the k member side and the centerlink side would be a stud. The type that you are describing sounds like the aftermarket style that moog supplied at one time that had studs on either end They then supplied a bracket that bolted into the k member. You should be able to remove the bracket and reinstall the factory type ilder arm with a bolt. Hope this helps.

Thanks
James

Auto Transport Service
Back