• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If I get tired of my Hemi

jayfire

Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
I have a 68 GTX with a Weiand 6-71 blown 426 Hemi. Only 40 miles since being rebuilt. It is a 68 block with Stage V aluminum heads, Arias forged blower pistons. Everything is either new or rebuilt original parts. My question is, if I get tired of trying to see around the blower, how much could I realistically get for the complete motor? I’m not there yet, but not getting any younger and may want something that sits under the hood. Thanks
1FB74A84-0B77-449A-9B4A-B4452238A7C2.jpeg

That’s a tough one but I would say around 20-25k

Keep engine just change up intake system.

I would have to change out the low compression pistons, but definitely a possibility. Thanks

This is what I would do as well you could bump the compression some with a cam swap and then run pump gas and just enjoy cruising your ride.

Agree with Bio. Swap to EFI with a Procharger. Might have to rearrange your front-end accessories to make room for the Procharger, but it'll all fit under the hood (and nothing today beats looking at a YUGE intercooler through the grille!).

I’m thinking the OP is not so much interested in doing a work around and keeping the motor. Reading between the lines I come up with he’d rather have the $$$ and just put a simple 440 or 383 in the car, close the hood cruise and enjoy the ride. He knows the Hemi is a sweet machine and wants to cash in sooner than later.

I’m thinking the OP is not so much interested in doing a work around and keeping the motor. Reading between the lines I come up with he’d rather have the $$$ and just put a simple 440 or 383 in the car, close the hood cruise and enjoy the ride. He knows the Hemi is a sweet machine and wants to cash in sooner than later.
Exactly! It’s cool now, but would possibly like to add A/C, power steering, power brakes later on down the road. Not much room with the elephant.

I would think easily 25G's with as difficult it is to get any parts these days. People with money will pay for the simplicity of just dropping in and go. HEMI'S are not SBC's, can't just run down to any local parts store for new or replacement parts.

hasn’t been long ago maybe 6 months that i sold one running with a tunnel ram and two 1050 dominators and got 20k for it and quite quickly.

not to be negative

In my experience, it's worth about $0.50 cents on the dollar, spent
(sometimes lil' bit more, if it's an exception fresh build & make huge power, even lil' bit more)
it's used/installed parts now
longer it's used, the more used & older the parts get, the less value

IMHFO really depends on the prospective buyer/s,
who's looking & how bad they want or need it...
Or how hard are the parts to come by now ?

enjoy it while you can
& good luck if you plan to sell

If you get to that point, let me know. I’ve got a sweet trick flow headed 440 going together that I’ll be looking to sell.

I'm stuck on the thread title?

"If I get tired of my Hemi?"

Still not registering. It's like saying "I'm all for Illiness" or "I'm against personal growth?"

I'm stuck on the thread title?

"If I get tired of my Hemi?"

Still not registering. It's like saying "I'm all for Illiness" or "I'm against personal growth?"
It was what I could come up with to grab your attention and read the thread

I'll give you $100 bucks....and even come and pull it out:thumbsup:

This is our esteemed forum Member Hemiitis
(Sadly, there is no cure once you've gone Blown)

He drives the car to Dragstrips near Long Island...
(Long Island needs a Dragstrip)

OIP.FWEFxY_Y9b2BMcb1tOfgtQHaFY.jpeg

to me the title is akin to " if I get tired of my sphincter" ... something along those lines

Auto Transport Service
Back