• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition Lock Cylinder

aardude

Local time
7:49 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove a key lock cylinder from a 69 GTX ignition switch?

I don't work on cars, so I am sure some who do will chime in shortly.....

If you need the --- 1 year only --- 1969 ONLY --- Ignition Switch and Tumbler with 2 keys --- BRAND NEW......I made them ( in Pennsylvania) ....

P.M. me , as per forum rules, if you need or want them.....Craig......

If you need the --- 1 year only --- 1969 ONLY --- Ignition Switch and Tumbler with 2 keys --- BRAND NEW......I made them ( in Pennsylvania) ....

Thanks Craig but I do have another ignition switch (good used) that I can use. I just need to know how to transfer the lock cylinders. Should this used switch not work I will give you a shout.

On 66/67 you put the key in switch. The back there's a small hole or pin you push and turn key 1/8 turn lock will come out. If you don't have a key you have to pick the lock.

I know on my 68 with the key turned to the first detent a spring loaded pin can be pushed in on the outside of the housing, allowing the cylinder to slide out.

I need 1969 ignition lock. Must have ground lug. If you can supply, what is cost ?

The chrome bezel needs to be removed to get to the pin. I just posted some 69 ignition switches so here is a pic of the pin that needs pushed in to release it.

IMG_5909.jpeg

Last edited:
On 66/67 you put the key in switch. The back there's a small hole or pin you push and turn key 1/8 turn lock will come out. If you don't have a key you have to pick the lock.
Or if it has the EP code you can get a key made for it.

Auto Transport Service
Back